A soldier needs and Arc-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an e-mail from a person who said he was a soldier working as and Army Bomb Tech. He saw that no more second were available and that they were backordered for sometime. He wanted to know if I knew of a source for an LS. I asked him if I could post his e-mail out here. If this soldier can't find one, I will part with one of mine. Seems like a good cause. If I get his permission, I will post his information out here.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon, we now have a few seconds in inventory. I would happy to give his order first priority. Put a note on the order so I can bump it up to first priority and get it out next week.

Peter Gransee

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The next two posts form me are cut and pastes from the two E-mails sent by this soldier. I do not know this person. He got my name and e-mail address off a post that I made on SureFires discussion board. I was out there praising the Arc-LS and the perfect utility companion to a SureFire light. I have invited this person to come out to the CandlePowerForum and join us out here. Here come the messages. Oh, and I will eventually start proof reading my posts, just not today.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, My name is Ross Kurashima and I'm an Army Bomb Tech. I saw your post of the Arc LS and am very interested. Did you just recently order the 2 you said you got in addition to your 1? I checked Arc's website and they said they were out of stock until September!! Do you know of an alternate source?? Thanks for your help!!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mind at all if you post my e-mail. Thank you for your almost immediate replies. I am stationed at Andrews AFB. We are the only Army Company stationed here. I've been in the Army for 8 years. Did 4 at Yakima Training Center, Washington State, 3 at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii and have been at Andrews for a little less than a year. I've always known that Sure Fire made the best of the best, but I always knew about their battery life also. Sometimes I go places where I just can't lug that amount of batteries with me and/or can't get them. That's what got me interested in the LED's. Never even heard of Arc until I read your post on the Sure Fire sight. Read your post and some of the other on the Arc website and I was sold. In the last 3 months we have lost 8 Army EOD Technicians. 6 of them in Afghanistan and 2 in South America. The lastest incident which happened less than 2 weeks ago involved a friend of mine in Kandahar. He and 2 others lost their lifes to what is believed to have been a booby trapped rocket launcher. So yes we will be deploying. When we don't know exactly our work is cut out for us. I often need the power of a good flashlight while working on Presidential details also. Being right in the D.C. area, we get tasked alot to provide support to the Secret Service. We spend hours searching buildings that the POTUS will be visiting. This includes the basement, elevator shafts, storage areas, etc.. You can see that a Mini-Mag isn't the right tool for the job and I cannot carry a 3-cell Mag Lite on belt of my business suit!! I really appreciate you looking into trying to locate one of these LC's for me.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is the e-mail address of the person who sent me the e-mails. I will cut an past the note that Gransee put on this thread and send it to him. And those of you that do not have a light to sell him, send him a message inviting him to this forum and tell him what you think of the Arc-LS.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the last message I sent to this person.

Hello, I put your situation out on the CandlePowerForums site, the President of ARC posted a reply which I will past below. Do come out and visit this forum, you will find that it is full of knowledgeable people from engineers, cavers, backpackers, law enforcement, military, to EMT's. You will also find PK, the designer from SureFire on this site. I can tell you that I believe that the combination of an ARC-LS and an SureFire E-2 is a combo hard to beat for a combination of portability and functionality. As an added note, I tried a 123 battery from an E-1 that would no longer create any light, I stuck it in an ARC-LS and I had usable good quality light. This LED light is like nothing you have seen before.
Now here is the post.

Gransee
Member # 187
posted 04-26-2002 05:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon, we now have a few seconds in inventory. I would happy to give his order first priority. Put a note on the order so I can bump it up to first priority and get it out next week.
Peter Gransee

--------------------
www.arcflashlight.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 908 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jan 2001 | IP: Logged

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 12:01 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Arc LS question

I don't mind at all if you post my e-mail. Thank you for your almost immediate replies. I am stationed at Andrews AFB. We are the only Army Company stationed here. I've been in the Army for 8 years. Did 4 at Yakima Training Center, Washington State, 3 at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii and have been at Andrews for a little less than a year. I've always known that Sure Fire made the best of the best, but I always knew about their battery life also. Sometimes I go places where I just can't lug that amount of batteries with me and/or can't get them. That's what got me interested in the LED's. Never even heard of Arc until I read your post on the Sure Fire sight. Read your post and some of the other on the Arc website and I was sold. In the last 3 months we have lost 8 Army EOD Technicians. 6 of them in Afghanistan and 2 in South America. The lastest incident which happened less than 2 weeks ago involved a friend of mine in Kandahar. He and 2 others lost their lifes to what is believed to have been a booby trapped rocket launcher. So yes we will be deploying. When we don't know exactly our work is cut out for us. I often need the power of a good flashlight while working on Presidential details also. Being right in the D.C. area, we get tasked alot to provide support to the Secret Service. We spend hours searching buildings that the POTUS will be visiting. This includes the basement, elevator shafts, storage areas, etc.. You can see that a Mini-Mag isn't the right tool for the job and I cannot carry a 3-cell Mag Lite on belt of my business suit!! I really appreciate you looking into trying to locate one of these LC's for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts