wolfeyes vs surefire

NAW

Enlightened
FILIPPO said:
but the WE K500X doesn't have a 10W bulb??

The WE K500X is a 10W HID light. The Boxer is a 24W HID.

The Boxer 24W HID is mch brighter & more expensive than the WE K500X

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok,
but in your opinion the WE K500X 10W is a good flashlight?
better than the SF M6?

NAW

Enlightened
I don't own own either of the two so I can't really determine how those two lights compare in brightness.

But there are three things to consider.

1) Economically Friendly- The M6 uses 6 batteries and can produce 250 lumens for 1 hour or 500 lumens for 20 minutes. Thats alot of batteries to feed the M6 & can be quite pricey at a 1$ a battery. You can turn it into a rechargeable but thats going to cost a bit but should allow for brighter bulbs and longer runtimes.

The 10W HID uses 4 batteries to produce 500 lumens for 60 minutes. That is much cheaper to run than the M6.

Or if you decide on the Boxer 24W thats rechargeable & will be guilt free lumens.

2) Kelvin Temp.- The M6 has a 3300K beam meaning the beam will appear orangish in color.

The 10W HID has a 5000K beam meaning its beam is going to appear white with a tint of blue.

3) Regulation- The M6 is an Incandescent light which means as soon as you turn it on, its going to lose brightness every minute until the batteries die.

HID lights on the other hand are fully regulated which means they start off bright & when the batteries die they will have not changed brightness.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
You're asking two different questions. "Which is best, Surefire or Wolf-Eyes"
and the other "which is better, M6 or K500X"

I think SF has proven itself over the years and although WE appears to have a good product it doesn't have the track record and history that SF does.

Comparing these two lights is like comparing apples to oranges. The M6 is a tactical light with instant on capability. The K500X is not a "tactical light." It takes a few seconds to reach full brightness and it's not good to switch a HID light on and off frequently. One turned on it's best to leave them on for at least a minute before switching off again. If you want to go for walks in the park at night the K500X would be beautifully efficient. If you want to search houses or have something great for the dark parking garage, then the M6 would be the better choice.

I have an older M6 and a Boxer 24W. I was a little leary as it was my first Wolf-Eyes product but I ended up completely impressed with the quality and performance. Now that I have the AE 24/s I wish that I would have bought the Boxer 10W168 because I'm finding out how useful run-time is. I think that you'll be happy with a 10W for general purposes. I hardly ever use my M6 anymore because of HIDs.

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for your informations..
I have asked you which light is better between SF M6 and the WE K500X becouse both have about 500 lumen but the WE have 60 minutes runtime(20 SF M6) and it cost about 220$ (the M6 about 400$) and
I'd like to know if the wolfeyes is a good brand of flashlight like SF or not..

simply:grin2:

Glockstersharp

Newly Enlightened
I have lights from both brands but I don't own the particular models which you mentioned. Given that, I believe Wolf Eyes to be an outstanding product. In my opinion, Surefire makes a superior product but not at double the price of a WE. I would personally buy Wolf Eyes over Surefire now that I have experienced the qualities of both brands.

Another option to consider would be to purchase a WE M90X Rattlesnake (300 lumens) and a Lumens Factory 550-lumen bulb from PTS. I haven't tested the runtime but I would imagine that it would be in the neighborhood of 20 mins.

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glockstersharp said:
Another option to consider would be to purchase a WE M90X Rattlesnake (300 lumens) and a Lumens Factory 550-lumen bulb from PTS. I haven't tested the runtime but I would imagine that it would be in the neighborhood of 20 mins.

yes, it may be a good...
but do you know any shop where I can get one?:huh2: becouse I live in italy(europe) and I can't buy any flashlight from the official WE website...
thanks