quick detach vs. clip-on holster?

cfromc

Enlightened
Hi all,

I've been thinking about getting a holster for my C3 and now that my clip just broke on it, I'm going to pick up a holster this week, while I wait for a new clip from Surefire. Anyway, I've been trying to decide between a clip-on holster and a quick release velcro one. My question is: are the clip on ones durable, or will the clip break the first time I get out of my car or get the holster caught on someone? If that is the case, then are the velcro ones better? Any opinions please....The C3 I got was very slightly used but the clip broke the first day I used the light. Is this normal or just an old or defective clip?

I went to Bass Pro just to see what they had. They did not have any V11s so I tried the V30 and it seemed to fit the light very well. Now I am trying to decide between the V31 and the V35.

Thanks for any insight/experience!

bagman

Enlightened
I've been using velcro type holsters made by Surefire and Blackhawk for nearly 3 years now on my duty belt and they are excellent. I havent yet had one come off or even try to (touch wood :D) It helps that my duty belt has velcro on the inside that the extra piece on the holster attached to to also anchor it in place.

Latest posts