Raw XR-E vs Raw NS w/ Cree XR-E vs Wee - keychain light suggestions?

Ned-L

Enlightened
I am looking for a new keychain light. I have admired the Raw and Raw NS for sometime and now I am very interested in the Wee (or whatever the potential new little light is called).

I would like something in the size range of the JIL Intelli (which I own). I also own a FireFly III, which I like a lot and EDC when I am not wearing work clothes. It feels a little too big/heavy for dress pants. I don't want to spend more than about $100. I don't need waterproof, but I want to be able to use it in the rain. I prefer lithium-ion rechargables (obviously one-cell). I would like a two stage switch (but don't mind if it does more like the FLUPIC - I think that is what it is called in the JIL Intelli and FireFly III).

I am close to going with the RAW XR-E, but am concerned that it would have to be babied because of no o-rings and getting wet. I know the Raw NS is a little out of my price range. The potential new "Wee light" or whatever it is called sounds pretty ideal?

Any thoughts, suggestions, or observations on other keychain lights appreciated.

Russianesq

Enlightened
The Raw NS is heavier then JIL DD so that it a factor for keychain light.

THe JILL DD is thicker then Raw NS.

Just 2 factors to think about.

Ned-L

Enlightened
Russianesq said:
The Raw NS is heavier then JIL DD so that it a factor for keychain light.

THe JILL DD is thicker then Raw NS.

Just 2 factors to think about.
Thanks. Do you think that the Raw NS is too heavy for a keychain light - especially if carried in dress pants pockets? Do you mean that the walls of the Jil DD are thicker or that the Jil has a larger diameter than the Raw NS?

Last edited:

ntalbot

Enlightened
Ned-L said:
Thanks. Do you think that the Raw NS is too heavy for a keychain light - especially if carried in dress pants pockets? Do you mean that the walls of the Jil DD are thicker or that the Jil has a larger diameter than the Raw NS?

The Raw Ns is a bit smaller in diameter than the Jil DD because it has a slightly smaller battery.