LED Logic Striker VG updated UI??

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the UI of the Striker VG is different than when I bought mine a year ago (love this light, esp. upgraded with SSC)
According to the Batteryjunction web site:
(Matt I hope you don't mind me copy it here)

[font=arial, helvetica]""Multi-function switch modes. The light is very easy to use:
Button presses:
1 - Press and release is always momentary.
2 - Double Press is on. Continue to hold for dimming.
3 - Tactical Strobe. ""

Mine is:
* Momentary on
* Tap-press for about 1/2 sec for constant on
* ...keep holding constant for low, then ramping up.
* Double tap for strobe any time
* one tap for off

Just curious....

Also, it says HA3, is that new or was it always HA?

[/font]

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
I think Batteryjunction was just generalizing.......
I bought my Striker about a year ago (SN# 939) and its as you describe.
The Strikers UI is O.K. although to get to "constant on" you have to press the switch awfuly quickly after first tapping it - way too quick, I think.... I "miss the window" sometimes and it stays in "momentary on". Maybe yours is different ???

And the beam is rather on the "yellowish-white", warm side... maybe a bit too much so......
But the light is BRIGHT. It's brighter than my Fenix P1D-CD, with both lights on "Hi", in the sense that seems to throw further (because it's more focused). And I dont have the SSC.

Its a nice, powerful light, but the head is so big........

Last edited:

AvidHiker

Enlightened
I got in on the most recent round of EngrPaul's SSC modded Striker (SN 736) and the UI is as described on batteryjunction. Quality light with amazing throw! My understanding was that they made that change some time ago (search CPF). You should be able to upgrade with a new core, the updated UI is very simple to use.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if I understand this correctly, the only difference is
1) two quick taps will turn it on constant versus my tap-press (long tap).
And
2) to get strobe now takes three quick taps instead of the two taps mine takes?

If so, there is not enough difference to change, I'm used to mine and like it the way it is. I was just curious.

AvidHiker

Enlightened
Yeah, doesn't seem to be a major change, although I've seen complaints before about the earlier version(s). Having never tried your UI, I guess I can't comment. But, to thehappyman's remark on how fast you need to click to get constant on, it sounds like they may have changed it to allow a bit slower double tap - I haven't missed the window yet. Oh, and as far as I know it's always been black HAIII.

Now if they could just crank up the strobe rate a bit....