surefire and its A2

Illum

Flashaholic
Seems odd to bring this up, but from Surefires Promo DVDs on pk-e.com
and the surefire catalog from 2003-2006, the A2, of all lights gets advertised and emphasized the most aside from higher "grain" illumination tools.

yes okay, we all know the A2 is special because its different from most incandecent and LED based lights but...can't help but wonder why Surefire doesnt even out the pics a bit....I would like to see a bit extra in the fields of titan and or the beast, whaddya think?

Size15's

Flashaholic
The A2 is special and it is different from all other incandescent and LED lights.
SureFire markets its products to more than just CPF. It may be that some CPFers have grown familiar with the A2 and it's specialness but in the real world this is not the case at all!

The Titan will likely become better known once it has been released. SureFire have a hard time keeping up with demand without generating public interest for products it hasn't even released!

SureFire concentrates exposure on the important products for public retail - L4, E2L, G2, A2. The U2 is an important feature along with the G2 on SureFire.com

When considering what SureFire should, or shouldn't do it is sometimes a good idea to check whether it is based on being a Flashaholic, or a member of the Military or LEO, or a member of the public. Mostly Flashaholics think about what we want - we are our own Niche!

Al :)

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, McGizmo said once that since its release the A2 has been in constant demand, to the point where SF can't stop it from being sold out periodically. It seems that CPF doesn't value the A2 as highly as the rest of SureFire's customer base. In fact, I had an email exchange with a SureFire retailer who told me that the reason he sold SF's was the A2. He wanted to be able to sell A2's to his customers (sailors and mariners).

Plus, you have to admit, the A2 is pretty cool looking, isn't it?

Illum

Flashaholic
that may explain why some stores like opticsHQ are always out of A2 stocks....I expected the G2/6P to sell better....but it looks like the A2 can stand its ground against newer lights in the market every year:grin2:

Size15s, you may have answered this before, but do you remember when [year] did Surefire began selling the A2?

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A2 is Special! I think many here tend to forget that with the latest and greatest LED of the month. :rock:

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
It also says something that John Matthews, President/CEO of SureFire, a man that can EDC *ANY* SF he wants, even a Beast, Hellfire, or Kroma, EDC's an A2 Aviator (i'm sure he EDC's others with it as well, but......)

Maybe he knows something the A2 detractors don't? ;)