Rayovac Hybrid cells - break-in needed?

Gator762

Enlightened
The Rayovac Hybrid cells and Eneloops are advertised as pre-charged, but do they need or will they benefit from a break-in cycle (refresh on the BC-900)?

I have a BC-900 on the way, but I don't have anything else to indicate capacity to me, so I'm in the dark as to my Hybrids or other batteries. I only have a volt meter to test the voltage after a charge.

clintb

Enlightened
It is likely they would show a tiny improvement, but not enough to justify the additional time needed. They may benefit from a top-off charge, but then again they may be fresh enough that not much has bled off. All depends how long they've sat on the shelf. I say use 'em.

balazer

Enlightened
If you really want to know, wait until your BC-900 arrives, do a test cycle, and then a refresh cycle, and look at the difference! You're in as good a position to answer your own question than anyone is. :)

Gator762

Enlightened
Well I wanted to see if anyone else has, why re-invent the wheel? ;)

I also have my older Energizer 2200 mAh cells which can use some reconditioning first. Manual charging and discharging kind of a PITA.

I did do a search and came up with nada...

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gator, my very limited experience with only four new Hybrids, actual use and testing with the BC-900 was that the cells noticeably improved after three discharge/charge cycles. Mine had short runtime and depressed voltage until leveling off at the fourth recharge.

I'm interested what your results are. My four cells may have be older stock and not typical.

nimhpwr

Newly Enlightened
I tested 12pcs Ansmann MaxE with my 2 BC-700s. They all performed equally good from the first round. (700mA charege, 350mA discharge) No break in needed.