Phoenix Electroforms
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New Malkoff Projects

Default My New Malkoff Projects

First of all, I truly appreciate all the support and kind words I've received on my Mag Mods. I apologize that I had to raise the price so much lately, but I had to do something to slow down the orders. I'm a one man operation and with a wife and 2 kids I was having no time for them. That and the fact that I don't believe in just throwing things together. I like to build them right.

That said some of the new projects I'm working on are:

1.) A Surefire P-60 style dropin that will generate in excess of 200 lumen and still maintain 1-2 hour runtime.

2.) A Mag dropin version of my current Mag Mod setup. It will have the 900-1000ma output and be fully heatsinked. It should work in 2-5 D cell lights. A C sized version may not be possible.

3.) A 3 Led version of my current Mag Mod. The driver is capable of outputting 2100ma. It should be a real screamer approaching the 600 lumen output range.

I hope these are of interest .

Thanks, Gene Malkoff

Default Re: My New Malkoff Projects

2 & 3 look interesting get some pics and details of how you will do that

Flashaholic*

Wow Gene, I'd really be interested in these products. And you can bet most everyone else will be also!

I just checked your site and holy smokes! I should have ordered from you when you had pics of Maggie the dog and the "high-tech" lab on the Action Shots! (I couldn't decide whether to send or buy a new host; snooze you lose!)

Keep up the excellent work, and looking forward to more of your modifications.
    Last edited by lumenal; 04-01-2007 at 11:01 PM.

2 and 3 more definitely are screaming for my wallet's attention...

as for 1, when you say P-60, do you mean an incandescent drop-in? Or an LED drop-in similar to the ones available for P-60 lights?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Gene43
    First of all, I truly appreciate all the support and kind words I've received on my Mag Mods. I apologize that I had to raise the price so much lately, but I had to do something to slow down the orders. I'm a one man operation and with a wife and 2 kids I was having no time for them. That and the fact that I don't believe in just throwing things together. I like to build them right.

That said some of the new projects I'm working on are:

1.) A Surefire P-60 style dropin that will generate in excess of 200 lumen and still maintain 1-2 hour runtime.

2.) A Mag dropin version of my current Mag Mod setup. It will have the 900-1000ma output and be fully heatsinked. It should work in 2-5 D cell lights. A C sized version may not be possible.

3.) A 3 Led version of my current Mag Mod. The driver is capable of outputting 2100ma. It should be a real screamer approaching the 600 lumen output range.

I hope these are of interest .

Thanks, Gene Malkoff
    Wow, I'm definitely interested in Project #1. Number 3 sounds extra nice too.

Flashaholic*

Double tap.
    Last edited by 021411; 04-01-2007 at 11:07 PM.

Flashaholic
    Where the grass is blue, up is down, and hamburgers eat people. Yep. Canada.

They all sound good to me! Any idea of potential costs?

The P-60 style dropin will be an LED version to replace incandescent module. I don't know about cost. It depends on the parts and work involved in putting them together. Right now I'm developing the drivers for these applications.

Flashaholic

If your going to use the rebel(I don't know if its even out yet) for number 3 you can count me in, any 600 lumen Mag esp if it maintains focus is a done deal for me.
    Mag 2D Rebel, Husky 2D Cree, TaskForce Cree Xlamp 3W, AAP3Wx2 Modded with Seoul P4, Dorcy 1 Watt Superflux Headlamp modded with Seoul P4, Ebay Luxeon Headlamp 3W Modded with Seoul P4, RiverRock 1.5W LED Lantern, 3x Dorcy 4AA Lantern with LEDss

Banned

I'd be in for #3 and #2 as well.

Flashaholic*

Hmm. interested in #3. However... 2100mah... is that 700mah per led? You should find a way to drive them to the max.
    Then stick in a 2 stage or something. lol
    - EL Pentalux - Inova T2 - ROP 3D - SF E2e - Fenix P1 - Fenix L2T - Fenix LOD CE - ML1 - D-mini - Malkoff Devices 2D - EL QSP (finally arrived) -

I'd definitely be interested in #1 and maybe #3. Keep us posted.

I am interested in #2 for sure and #3 depending on runtime, etc. Of course, price is one of the main factors.
    Sooo... how much?

I'd love a Tri Led Mag Drop in!!

Gene, we are interested in anything else you develop !

You certainly have our complete attention.

Regarding yer' family situation, there's only one solution:

Put 'em to work on the assembly line.

Make 'em start pullin' their own weight, for a change.

They've been freeloading for much too long !

<just kidding, just kidding>

Awesome lights 1 & 3! Although I wish that you'd also design a NovaTac that's about 1200 Lumens using the next generation Cree's. That would totally rock!

#3 sounds very promising.
    LED's impress but Incans satisfy

i want full power for #3
    3000ma @ #3 !! 3x240lm = 720 !

Definately first rate and you do not have to wait for months to recieve it back.
    Great work and very professional.

Please keep us informed
    For sale- Nyogel 760G, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162148
    For sale- Light diffuse film, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162161
    For sale- Glass,lens & reflector cleaning cloths, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162162
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later

hrmm... well I can tell you my brother will definitely want one of those P-60 dropins for his combat light! Sounds like a good birthday present to me. If you can deliver even 150 lumens for at least 1 hour (as long as it's not really really floody I will commit to purchasing at least 1 assuming price is below $60.
    Last edited by Daekar; 04-03-2007 at 08:01 AM.

I'm liking the #3 option, have finger hovering over the button .

all three sounds like winners, I'd be interested in all 3!

Flashaholic

I'm definitely interested in #2 and #3.

It'll be interesting to see how you accomplish #2, fully heat-sinked. I'm confident it's possible, despite the fact somebody not long ago asserted the Terralux drop-ins were they way they were because it was "impossible" to heat sink a drop-in properly.

#3 is interesting, as well. I've been interested in a "floody" Mag-format light for some time. I think there's a good market for it, Elektrolumens appears to have abandoned that segment, and nobody else appears to be doing it. I suspect the challenge will be coming up with some kind of assembly that you can easily install. IIRC, the reason Wayne stopped doing these is he felt they were too labour-intensive for the return.

Of course: What I'm interested in and what I have the money for aren't the same thing , so don't take anything like my comments above as any kind of indication of my intent to purchase.
    "God was able to create the world in only seven days because there was no installed base to consider." - Andy Finkel

How do I get on you're mailing list! I like all of your proposals

If you do have a mailing list, I want on it
    For sale- Nyogel 760G, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162148
    For sale- Light diffuse film, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162161
    For sale- Glass,lens & reflector cleaning cloths, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162162
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later

Gene, yes, I'd be interested in all three! Do you actually have prototypes of any of these badboys?
    The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIJim

It'll be interesting to see how you accomplish #2, fully heat-sinked. I'm confident it's possible, despite the fact somebody not long ago asserted the Terralux drop-ins were they way they were because it was "impossible" to heat sink a drop-in properly.
    Yeah, the drop-in is a great idea. I don't think the word "impossible" was really the intention literally for the Terralux camp. I think those guys meant something more along the lines of that they didn't "feel it was worth the cost to develop" or "didn't feel there was enough interest from a mass-market standpoint". Either way, this will be a great opportunity for Gene and great for us flashaholics!
    Last edited by ace0001a; 04-02-2007 at 11:10 AM.

No prototypes as of yet. But several parts of prototypes. As soon as I get something halfway together, another little light bulb goes off in my head. Then I have to tear things down to make changes. Eventually things get too cut up. Then a build a new one incorporating the changes. Unfortunately it takes time and money, which are available in limited quantities. You can get on my mailing list by creating an acct on the website www.malkoffdevices.com .

Thanks, Gene

Flashaholic

Gene ,
    The P-60 drop in you are talking about, is that a LED drop-in for a surefire 6p flashlight? If it is, I am very interested?

Yes an LED drop-in for a Surefire 6P flashlight and any other lights that will take the
    P-60 module that are 6volts and maybe a little above.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast