Foxfury Rook
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My New Malkoff Projects

Enlightened

Default Re: My New Malkoff Projects

That all looks very promising............I especially like the tri-led drop in that is mentioined above

Cerberus

Flashaholic*

Was there any way to drive each of the LED's at 1@ in #3?
    - EL Pentalux - Inova T2 - ROP 3D - SF E2e - Fenix P1 - Fenix L2T - Fenix LOD CE - ML1 - D-mini - Malkoff Devices 2D - EL QSP (finally arrived) -

The tri-led wouldn't be a dropin. It would be similar, except in output of course, to my current Mag Mod.

Each of the Leds could be driven separately, but battery life on 3D's would probably be less than an hour, maybe 2 hrs on nimh.

Yeah, I think I'd rather have a compromise between runtime and absolute brightness on the Tri-LED version. 2100mA between 3 SSCP4s is still really good while alsol having good runtime if I'm understanding to idea for it.

I will send my light this week.
    I know I will like this mod even better

Gene has the best customer service and he really wants you to be happy with your mod..., with these lights, how can you help but be happy!!
    For sale- Nyogel 760G, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162148
    For sale- Light diffuse film, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162161
    For sale- Glass,lens & reflector cleaning cloths, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162162
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later

Flashaholic

Signed up on Gene's site!!

Enlightened

Party Re: My New Malkoff Projects

Gene,#2&#3 both sound fantastic.........time to put on a few full time employees,,your wife&kids come first or theres hell to pay at home....good luck and I will be eagerly looking forward to your excellant products and outstanding ideas...you are a credit to this hobby/tool industry and you are to be commended for your more than fair ,and somewhat surpriseing full money back guarentee!! bravo!
    Ocean beamer

2 and 3 are both excellent options!!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Gene43
    The tri-led wouldn't be a dropin. It would be similar, except in output of course, to my current Mag Mod.

Each of the Leds could be driven separately, but battery life on 3D's would probably be less than an hour, maybe 2 hrs on nimh.
    Hmm... that would just about kill all the runtime huh?
    What do you think? 1@ per led? or tone it down a bit to get a little more runtime? Perhaps a 2 stage switch so that we get could both?
    - EL Pentalux - Inova T2 - ROP 3D - SF E2e - Fenix P1 - Fenix L2T - Fenix LOD CE - ML1 - D-mini - Malkoff Devices 2D - EL QSP (finally arrived) -

I'm glad you plan on offering even more mods to the public, Gene. After sampling your modified 2D Mag, I can honestly say that your works are top notch quality and solid all around. On one hand I sincerely hope you'll sellout your local Home Depot's stock of Mags, but I really wish to keep such marvelous lights to myself. Oh well...can't have it both ways. I am waiting for your next mod, Gene.

David

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by daveman
    I'm glad you plan on offering even more mods to the public, Gene. After sampling your modified 2D Mag, I can honestly say that your works are top notch quality and solid all around. On one hand I sincerely hope you'll sellout your local Home Depot's stock of Mags, but I really wish to keep such marvelous lights to myself. Oh well...can't have it both ways. I am waiting for your next mod, Gene.

David
    Man... you already have yours? Mine is going to ship around Friday. I can't wait. I'm so jealous you already got yours! lol

Gene, quit your job and focus solely on building these!!!!
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I've kind of gotten used to being married. After all its been 16 years.

LOL !

That made me smile, Gene !

Flashaholic

Tagged for interest in all 3
    09/11/01
    NEVER FORGET!
    www.ar15.com

Gene,

I could not be happier with the 3D drop in, and I would like to express interest in your other projects, especially the 6P dropin, for now, and the tri-led down the road
    only boring people get bored

would be keen on option (1)

I've been hanging about waiting for a high powered surefire drop-in with a cree or p4 run at 1a for a while

one thing though are planning on making run on single 17650 or 18650 as well as 6v

Flashaholic

Gene,
    I've beed checking your site every few days only to find out today that the Drop-In Module for 2/3 D-Cell Maglite Flashlight is already sold out. How could I've missed it? Hope you have some more soon.
    I'm all about the bright lights! I'm currently looking to buy: Nothing!...but you all know how that goes..
    A lot of companies make good flashlights but CPF makes those flashlights great!

Interested in the drop module for 3D MagLite.

Tri-LED sounds GREAT - but would be superb if it could be driven a bit more (i.e. 1-1.1a each like your single LED drop-in) or as someone else said with 2-3 level output?

But there again there is not really a massive difference between ~720 lumens over ~600 lumens - perhaps it is a heat dissapation issue and the slightly lower output would mean longer runtime...

The specs have changed it will be a dropin with each led driven at 1000ma.Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Gene43 View Post
    I want one!!!

I think I want one too. Sounds very promising.

Looking forward to this..... I bought a host in anticipation. Guess in the meantime I will enjoy your current mag drop in. Any ideas on a release date?
    Mac's....P7, Tri-EDC, P60 Drop-In, TRI-18650
    FIVEMEGA.... 3 Cooly's, FM85, FM85 (17670), etc....

Well I thought I would have a few prototypes ready by this past weekend. I did manage to waste 3 Crees, 3 drivers, and a copper heatsink on a nasty beamed floodmaster. Its almost like the beams thrown from one of those rearview mirror crystals when the sun hits it. A sickening disco ball. Ordered some other parts and back to the garage (lab).

Gene

Flashaholic*

Well I thought I would have a few prototypes ready by this past weekend. I did manage to waste 3 Crees, 3 drivers, and a copper heatsink on a nasty beamed floodmaster. Its almost like the beams thrown from one of those rearview mirror crystals when the sun hits it. A sickening disco ball. Ordered some other parts and back to the garage (lab).

Gene
    "nasty beamed floodmaster." Wow. I think you finally managed to build something I am NOT jumping out of my seat to order!!!

When this baby runs right, I am sure it is going to be OUTSTANDING, and I am giddy at the thought of a 700 ish lumen mag 3d with the capability of running nimh or alks!
    Is this going to be an end-user installed mod, or would you need to have our lights sent to you?

Flashaholic

Still have a firm interest in #2. Waiting for more to appear. You need an apprentice, or grad student, or something.

The tri-led will be a dropin. A copper heatsink similar to the current single emitter Mag Dropin.

Greg I have 5 partially completed on the workbench. Hopefully I will have them ready by tomorrow.

I have several of Gene's mods and all are brighter than anything over the counter.
    My Mother has his 3D, 2 stage K2 light, I have a 2D, 2 stage K2, reconverted to a 1 stage Seoul, and a P60 mod drop in.

What I am waiting for (GENE, Please take notes and PM me when ready
    I want the 3 Led light, mated to a Mag "C" body if "at all possible".

Please PM or email or call me when this one is ready..., I love the 3 led lights!!!
    For sale- Nyogel 760G, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162148
    For sale- Light diffuse film, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162161
    For sale- Glass,lens & reflector cleaning cloths, http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=162162
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later

The tri-led will be a dropin. A copper heatsink similar to the current single emitter Mag Dropin.

Greg I have 5 partially completed on the workbench. Hopefully I will have them ready by tomorrow.
    have you decided on a price yet?

Sounds great - especially now 1000ma to each emitter!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast