Noctilucent clouds over Sacramento CA. USA this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Noctilucent clouds, a fairly uncommon and poorly-understood phenomena, were over Sacramento CA, USA this evening (04-02-07, ~8:20pm PDT).
I attempted to photograph them, but all I got were black pictures.

This is the first time I have seen noctilucent clouds with my own eyes, so it is a noteworthy experience in that aspect.

Has anybody else ever seen noctilucent clouds?

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I havent seen or heard of that type of cloud before. I have learned my something new today so off to bed for me!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen them several times. It always reminds me of something one might expect to see if the world was coming to an end.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen a few times but fairly rare, conditions in which the atmosphere and/or cloud cover produce kind of a yellow color tint (more so then the usual sun color). This has mostly happened in the early evening hours after a thunderstorm. Has anybody else experienced this? It's pretty strange and while happening warps the color perception a bit like you are looking at everything thru a yellow/amber filter.

axolotls

Enlightened
Is that when you go outside and EVERYTHING is a slight tinge of Autumn Orange? Like you're almost in a bright Sepia alternate world?

If so, yes and I even took pictures (but not of the clouds). Just everything around the backyard.

EDIT: Just read Geepondy's post. Yep... Crazy

axolotls

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
Noctilucent clouds, a fairly uncommon and poorly-understood phenomena, were over Sacramento CA, USA this evening (04-02-07, ~8:20pm PDT).?

You moved from Seattle to Sacramento... Must be an intesting juxtaposition in climate and setting.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet sight to behold from what I hear. Myself I've never been fortunate enough to catch them. I'll find some someday though I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.