SureFire skunkworks site!

YeeDude

Newly Enlightened
While checking SureFire's website, I found the link to their New Product Developmet Manager's (Paul Y. Kim) site. It's got a lot of cool things like scans of their brochures, magazine articles featuring their lights and pictures of prototype products.

Here's a cool cutaway rendering from the site of the M6:
m6c.jpg

DaveH

Enlightened
Thanks for the link. That drawing makes me want one now.

DaveH

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
Interesting, the second poster was member #11. Wonder how involved both are in flashlight/torches these days...

FYI to any newbies. CPF is an outgrowth of a Surefire forum from way back, hence the old thread topics on SF.

nbp

Flashaholic
Interesting, the second poster was member #11. Wonder how involved both are in flashlight/torches these days...

FYI to any newbies. CPF is an outgrowth of a Surefire forum from way back, hence the old thread topics on SF.

Interesting, I don't recall reading about that. Is there any old threads talking about that Surefire forum and how it morphed into CPF? I remember reading some threads from the early days from DavidW (?) who started the forum but I don't know about the Surefire ties.

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
I gleaned that info from chatting with a few old-timers. I guess DavidW and the first-members used to be regular posters on Surefire's own forum, then started this community.

nbp

Flashaholic
That's pretty neat. I should go back and browse some of the really old threads - it's fun to do actually. Lots of interesting stuff back in the day when the forum was tiny!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty neat. I should go back and browse some of the really old threads - it's fun to do actually. Lots of interesting stuff back in the day when the forum was tiny!
Yeah, they were probably exclaiming their excitement over the first flashlight to break the 100 lumen barrier! ;)

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't remember any SF forum, CPF came from a small group of us who were into lights on the old rec.knives USENET group.

Latest posts