Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inova: where is the promised new beef?

Enlightened

Smile Re: Inova: where is the promised new beef?

Quote Originally Posted by MattK
    Hi Johnie,

There's some things I'll take pre-orders on but with Inova it could be 3 days or it could be a month - too unpredictable for me to comfortably take a pre-order.

Don't worry though, when they arrive they're coming in the hundreds!
    Thanks for the info Matt. As soon as you get them let us all know so we can order one.
    Johnnie
    Surefire E1L KX-1, L1(Cree), A2(Y/G) Pelican 7060/8060,, Photon ReX Photon Freedom Micro: white, NV Green, Yellow, Orange.

Default Re: Inova: where is the promised new beef?

the new X1 will be the hype of their products...

the others are not so "new"...
    if killing was legal, i would have killed countless number of people...

...when they arrive they're coming in the hundreds!
    Hmm so it sounds like you're going to have enough for me... but what about the rest of CPF?

On a more serious note, will there be any X1s with colored emitters? Specifically RED ? Though I am also partial to Amber and Teal emitters as well.
    Matt, anyone else know?
    (Probibly not because this is Inova we're dealing with and they don't seem to know what they're doing half the time but it's worth asking.)
    Neutral white, it's the new black.

Quote Originally Posted by parnass
    Will all the lights in Inova's new tactical lineup require at least 2 batteries? That's a disappointment if true.

I like the single cell T1 I have now and was looking forward to another single cell Inova tactical light in the future.
    Dunno. If the T1 doesn't get any longer but can use 2 cells, I'd be pretty happy about that. I would think that 2 cells together will be more efficient than one at a time given the same, higher current draw.
    The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

Flashaholic*

Dunno. If the T1 doesn't get any longer but can use 2 cells, I'd be pretty happy about that.
    Count me among the bummed because they have moved to a two cell format. I really prefer single cell lights and with all the advanced in LEDs etc. huge amounts of light can be realized with just a 3 Watt LED and a single 123 cell much less a CREE or Seoul.

I would have rather seen them go in the other direction. 1 cell but shorter then the current model which they should have been able to do easily by ditching the optics.

Chris
    A Government is most likely to be made up of a group of individuals who are likely not governed themselves.

The new X1:
    -Is significantly brighter than the Gen 1/2 lights.
    -Uses a Luxeon emitter but NOT a K2. I cannot tell you which model but some clever soul will figure it out soon enough.
    Perhaps the 1.5W Nichia Jupiter LED that was used in the original River Rock lanterns? That'd be pretty sweet if it's even half as bright as the lantern.

Edit - never mind. Obviously the Luxeon emitter used probably won't be sourced from Nichia.

Last edited by cratz2; 04-06-2007 at 04:48 PM.
    "That's what makes SF so badass... we've got the best flashlights."

Quote Originally Posted by cslinger
    I would have rather seen them go in the other direction. 1 cell but shorter then the current model which they should have been able to do easily by ditching the optics.
    I cannot imagine Inova making a shorter T1. These lights are made for real world use by law enforcement type people, and I can't imagine a Fenix P1 sized light see the that kind of duty.

Matt

When you stated that the new X1 is twice as bright as the old one do you have any way of measuring or quantifying this into say lumens or some other measure? Thanks for the consideration in this.

Some answers:

Yes, it's 2 cells now - the size is the same and the second cell was added to maintain runtime as it's now much brighter and using more power.

I didn't ask but I assume the X1's will continue to be available in blue and green - red's never been available. The UV model is, I believe continuing unchanged. I wouldn't hold my breath for amber or teal X1's.

I didn't measure or test anything with anything but my own calibrated eyeballs.

Duh2 Re: Inova: where is the promised new beef?

Some answers:
    ...- red's never been available.

Never been a red X1? au contraire...
    http://www.inovalight.com/pdf/X1-manual.pdf

Now of course this is Inova we're talking about... horribly outdated website and not a single person in the entire company seems to have a clue about thier own products... but still, there once was a red X1, and I'd pay to have one. Yet another dumb Inova blunder. Perhaps Microsoft should buy them out.
    Neutral white, it's the new black.

I know they stated that they did/would make a red X1, but I've never seen one other than the two that I modded. And I believe greenie has as much X1 experience as anyone here and I'm almost certain he said he had never seen a stock red X1.
    "That's what makes SF so badass... we've got the best flashlights."

I've never seen one and they're not on the order sheets... What's TOTALLY DUMB is that red is the best selling color in the X5's so it should be for the X1's as well...

FYI - there are some people there that know their product. :P

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhoton

Never been a red X1? au contraire...
    http://www.inovalight.com/pdf/X1-manual.pdf

Now of course this is Inova we're talking about... horribly outdated website and not a single person in the entire company seems to have a clue about thier own products... but still, there once was a red X1, and I'd pay to have one. Yet another dumb Inova blunder. Perhaps Microsoft should buy them out.

Flashaholic

I've never seen one and they're not on the order sheets... What's TOTALLY DUMB is that red is the best selling color in the X5's so it should be for the X1's as well...
    Well, as I've advised before, let's tell them. I'll gladly write them a letter, although I imagine someone who sells their products could have a greater impact (hint, hint).
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

The new X1 has started to ship - but I haven't gotten any eyt.

Any news on the X1? Can't wait to order a black one...

Thanks for all the Inova info and updates!
    Who knows...

I have do and will continue to.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini
    Well, as I've advised before, let's tell them. I'll gladly write them a letter, although I imagine someone who sells their products could have a greater impact (hint, hint).

Enlightened

I have do and will continue to.
    Well ,I guess we should at least be some what thrilled that Inova at least FINALLY after years of jokes ,complaints,and outright discust updated there pre historic webb site....you can't actually buy some of there new products! BUT at least we can see what we are or arn't missing...buy a few "new"(second generation) x-1's if you want long run time 10 hrs. because the new,new 2007 units with the brighter led(same as the aaa bolt series,according to Matt at the battery junction) will have more lumens but much shorter run times....oh well.
    Ocean beamer

I don't understand the reason Inova is not going Cree. I love INOVA quality but with inefficient LED they are using as compared to the Cree really put me off.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PAB
    Unless you have some new information, Inova's website has said "Updated Website Coming Soon" for over six months.

I hope they do actually get a new website. Would be nice to see it updated.

Flashaholic*

I just looked!! Looks like they finally did it. They finally updated the site.

Took awhile for the site to load.

Does anyone know if this new version of the X1 plays well with NiMH/Lithium cells?

Quote Originally Posted by nine
    Does anyone know if this new version of the X1 plays well with NiMH/Lithium cells?
    I'm sure nimh will be fine; lithium is a "we'll see".
    The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

Christo Pull Hair Re: Inova: where is the promised new beef?

Quote Originally Posted by OCEANBEAMER
    Well ,I guess we should at least be some what thrilled that Inova at least FINALLY after years of jokes ,complaints,and outright discust updated there pre historic webb site....you can't actually buy some of there new products! BUT at least we can see what we are or arn't missing...buy a few "new"(second generation) x-1's if you want long run time 10 hrs. because the new,new 2007 units with the brighter led(same as the aaa bolt series,according to Matt at the battery junction) will have more lumens but much shorter run times....oh well.
    ??????

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by greenlight
    ??????
    On Inova's new webb site (really hi tech takes about 1 minute to load!) they list the new 2007 x-1 with a hi power 2 watt (? mystery,led.secret info) uses 1aa batt,"upto 2 hrs runtime" and good out to 100'............no more 10 hrs for this baby ,but a lot brighter...
    Ocean beamer

Talking Re: Inova: where is the promised new beef?

On Inova's new webb site (really hi tech takes about 1 minute to load!) they list the new 2007 x-1 with a hi power 2 watt (? mystery,led.secret info) uses 1aa batt,"upto 2 hrs runtime" and good out to 100'............no more 10 hrs for this baby ,but a lot brighter...
    They only replaced the Nichia CS with a Lux I or III, no big mistery here.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoors Fanatic
    They only replaced the Nichia CS with a Lux I or III, no big mistery here.
    I only was stateing that inova always says that the led's they place in their light are propritary information and not for release to the public,,on their new webb site they only list led's by wattage ,no lumen or candlepower figures...and never lumiled,ssc,cree etc.........
    Ocean beamer

I only was stateing that inova always says that the led's they place in their light are propritary information and not for release to the public,,on their new webb site they only list led's by wattage ,no lumen or candlepower figures...and never lumiled,ssc,cree etc.........
    So what, SureFire does the same.

2 things: I can absolutely 100% promise you the while the new X1 does use a Luxeon emitter it does NOT use a Luxeon I/III.

More importantly the 2007 T1's will be here this Monday!

LINK

Thumbs up Re: Inova: where is the promised new beef?

I can absolutely 100% promise you the while the new X1 does use a Luxeon emitter it does NOT use a Luxeon I/III.
    Mystery thickens. Any clues? Why all the secrecy surrounding the LED emitter? Whatever it is, it is inferior to Cree or SSC P4. It's all quite hilarious really.
    All this cloak and dagger corporate secrecy over a low performance LED is freakin funny!
    I'm looking forward to the new X1 though, despite the 2 hour run times. I just want to know how many lumens it spits out the front! And what really frustrates me is that we will have to wait... months probably... for someone to do a damn review now that flashlightreviews.com is stalled!!

I think I'm like most here... got to know the lumen output before buying...!!

I can't tell 'cause I promised not to. I don't know why it's a big secret...

The LED is already on the market in the BOLT 3A - all some intrepid explorer needs to do is take a look at the BOLT.

OK, they use the same Rigel LED as in the Bolt series. Makes sense to use the same LED.
    Now, it shouldn't be too hard for someone to extrapolate a fairly accurate lumen count from this LED... anyone?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast