Phoenix Electroforms

Thread: Fenix L2D-CE vs. P1D-CE

Default Fenix L2D-CE vs. P1D-CE

For those of you that have both lights, how does the tint of the beams compare to each other?

I just got my L2D-CE the other day, and was a bit dissapointed with the tint. Mine has a very "blue-ish" color to it, while my P1D-CE is nice and white. My L2D-CE is the blueist tinted Cree I have ever seen....did I lose the lottery or what?
    EDC: Ra Clicky 100WWCn/ Muyshondt Aeon
    Other Favorites: Surefire LX2/Eagletac M2XC4/ DBS V2 1S-R2, MC-E

Default Re: Fenix L2D-CE vs. P1D-CE

Mine are just the opposite. The P1D CE has a blue tint and the L2D CE is much whiter and warmer. Looks like the lottery is still in play.

Anyone else?
    EDC: Ra Clicky 100WWCn/ Muyshondt Aeon
    Other Favorites: Surefire LX2/Eagletac M2XC4/ DBS V2 1S-R2, MC-E

Flashaholic*

My L2D CE is bluish and my L1D CE is nice and white. This is only noticable when compared to each other. My L1D is my bicycle helmet light with the L2D mounted on my bike frame. This does not bother me for bicycling but it is noticable.
    Peak Pacific AAA UP brass (EDC) E01 (keys), Peaks, Arcs, Fenix, Q5 Aspheric HA-III Mag etc.

The two lights use the same model of LED. The factory buys a big pile of LED's and sticks them into both types of lights. Any color variations are more or less random. I doubt very much that they separate out the leds by color before putting them into different models of light.

Can't see any significant difference between the beam color of my P1D CE and L1D CE. Besides as Paulr says the LEDs should arrive at Fenix in large batches and be used as needed in the various lights.

Exclamation Re: Fenix L2D-CE vs. P1D-CE

A picture is worth....
    how about 3?

All from Fenix L2D-CE Comparison Review (link) -
    with lots of comparison beamshots - especially with the P1Dce (see Fenix P1D-CE comparison Review)
    since I used the P1Dce as a control reference light....

The L2Dce reviewed was received in the same batch as the L1Dce (Fenix L1D-CE Comparison Review)
    and I feel the L1Dce had a slightly better tint -
    but that's only when I compare them side-by-side -
    in isolation they look as good as each other....
    (note positions - the L2Dce is on the right....)

Please also see the discussion in the thread - LED Tint

Any significant difference between the beam color also of my P1D CE and L1D CE.
    Flashlight collection: Ra, Novatac, Surefire, WolfEyes, Inova, Olight, EagleTac, Dereelight, Tiablo, Fenix, Nitecore, Lumapower, JetBeam, Zebralight, Thrunite, Sunwayled

No comparison here, since I don't have a P1D-CE, but the tint on my L2D-CE is a slightly warm yellow. I suspect it depends upon which batch you get. If you're really not happy with the tint because it's very blue, you might try contacting the distributor who would exchange it for another.