Fenix L2D-CE vs. P1D-CE

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you that have both lights, how does the tint of the beams compare to each other?

I just got my L2D-CE the other day, and was a bit dissapointed with the tint. Mine has a very "blue-ish" color to it, while my P1D-CE is nice and white. My L2D-CE is the blueist tinted Cree I have ever seen....did I lose the lottery or what?

LouRoy

Enlightened
Mine are just the opposite. The P1D CE has a blue tint and the L2D CE is much whiter and warmer. Looks like the lottery is still in play.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2D CE is bluish and my L1D CE is nice and white. This is only noticable when compared to each other. My L1D is my bicycle helmet light with the L2D mounted on my bike frame. This does not bother me for bicycling but it is noticable.

paulr

Flashaholic
The two lights use the same model of LED. The factory buys a big pile of LED's and sticks them into both types of lights. Any color variations are more or less random. I doubt very much that they separate out the leds by color before putting them into different models of light.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't see any significant difference between the beam color of my P1D CE and L1D CE. Besides as Paulr says the LEDs should arrive at Fenix in large batches and be used as needed in the various lights.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
A picture is worth....
how about 3?

L2Dce_P1Dce.jpg

NiL2Dce_P1DcePLi.jpg

nil2dcep1dcercrcp6.jpg

All from Fenix L2D-CE Comparison Review (link) -
with lots of comparison beamshots - especially with the P1Dce (see Fenix P1D-CE comparison Review)
since I used the P1Dce as a control reference light....

The L2Dce reviewed was received in the same batch as the L1Dce (Fenix L1D-CE Comparison Review)
and I feel the L1Dce had a slightly better tint -
but that's only when I compare them side-by-side -
in isolation they look as good as each other....
(note positions - the L2Dce is on the right....)
L1_2DCE.jpg

Please also see the discussion in the thread - LED Tint

JKL

Enlightened
Any significant difference between the beam color also of my P1D CE and L1D CE.:candle:

HarveyRich

Enlightened
No comparison here, since I don't have a P1D-CE, but the tint on my L2D-CE is a slightly warm yellow. I suspect it depends upon which batch you get. If you're really not happy with the tint because it's very blue, you might try contacting the distributor who would exchange it for another.