stenlight headband

noelex

Newly Enlightened
I have some photos of my homemade Stenlight hadband. I want to show them as I think they may be of interest to others in the Forum. Unfortunatly I dont seem to be permitted to attach any photos. Is there a way around this problem.
Cheers John

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're permitted! You need to upload your photos to a photo hosting site, such as www.photobucket.com. After creating an account and uploading your photos, you just click on the "IMG" tag (you'll see when you get there), which will automatically copy it, and then paste the tag onto your post.

noelex

Newly Enlightened
Tanks
Hope this works
Stenlightheadbandrear.jpg

Stenlightheadbandparts.jpg

Stenlightheadbandfront.jpg

GCBStokes

Newly Enlightened
nolex,

That's a great piece of work. I had thought of doing pretty much the same thing, but using a piece of plastic and cutting out on on my Scrow Saw, then I could heat it up in hot water and form it to the shape of my forehead.

Your idea is even better, and you did a wonderful job at it. You could even hot glue a piece of foam padding to the metal is you wanted. Very impressive, very impressive indeed! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Jerimoth

Newly Enlightened
I'm very interested for my Stenlight, because the headband I have tends to slip when I'm running.

Lefselight

Newly Enlightened
For foam just go to Wally World, in the craft section, and get a sheet of 2mm self-adhesive foam. Just cut a chunk to shape, peel the paper and stick it on. If you want it thicker, cut 2 chunks, stick them together (sticky side to non-sticky side) and cut to shape. I've done this on a couple of headlamps where the glue for the foam padding came unstuck and the foam starting to break down and a number of other of other things including the light traps on a couple of old cameras. Clean the surface of whatever you're going to stick it on with rubbing alcohol real well and it should stay on for a good long time. Comes in different colors. Cheap.

jtice

Flashaholic
You did a Very nice Job on that!
A piece of foam padding behind the metal and its perfect !

~John

noelex

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback.
The foam is a good idea, but I curved the aluminium face plate and it is very comfortable.
I dont want to go into production as I would have to charge way too much to justifly the time, but I produced the headband with simple hand tools so anyone can do this.
Cheers John