CPF is growing fast and one possible future scenario is the fact that you have to pay for being a CPF member. Would it be ok for you if there were e.g. 1 USD / month payment? Why / why not?
My personal opinion is yes for a small payment (e.g. 1 USD / month), for the following reasons:
- More commitment to the forum from the members: you do not want to trash something you have paid for.
- More discipline: getting banned for one week hurts more if you have paid for that week (even 1/52 USDs).
- Less "server is busy, visit EDC forums (and jam it too)" messages.
- Payment "filters" new members in a positive way - they surely try to find the info on CPF first for free. This means less frustrating newbie questions that could have been easily answered with the simple use of the "search" function.
- We could pay some kind of salary for Sasha for the brilliant work she does all the time. Like that it would be more unlikely that Sasha gets fed up with weirdos like us and technical problems.
And guys, I am sure this is a hot topic... Let's keep it civil and fact-based, shall we?
So, feel free to express your opinion and reasoning behind it!