blu-ray pointer rough attempt

Conceptcar3

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
:candle:
How big is that pic? I went a head and replied before it would load... HAve you measured the output? I have a feeling 25 to 30mW will be the top for these readers. The writers should have nice ones in them... :grin2:

Conceptcar3

Newly Enlightened
sadly i don't have the ability to measure output :(
IF I had to guess, I would say 1-3mW MAX, it is extremely dim. Tomorrow I am going to up the voltage from 5.1 to 6, and the current from 45mA, to 100mA.... Ill let you know how it turns out tomorroW! gulp....

Ashton

Enlightened
Very nice, what did you use for the body; it looks like a flashlight...?

Estimated cost? Power Source?

MAybe I'm puting a little too much faith in this, but have you tried the LED test to see if it's more pwoerful than a 5mw red, a 35mw green, etc? ((iirc, red uses red leds, green uses green, etc, and you can compare the ammounts to see which is more powerful, though not accurately by how much...))

Conceptcar3

Newly Enlightened
Indeed, I stole the Idea from heruursciences.... thanks a million heruur! Cost me about 160$ for all the parts, AND the tools to make it, as i didnt have any electronic equipment. Power source is a single AAA battery, that is being voltage boosted by the LED flashlight transistor circuit. I ordered 3 more of the ps3 parts.... so look for a couple of these guys popping up on ebay soon :)

Ashton

Enlightened
wow, $160 is cheep for a blue. Can anyone estimate the output? for that cost I might look into building one if it's 30mw or more (anyone willing to test the output?) Would this setup work with an ellie?

Conceptcar3

Newly Enlightened
well, im running this diode at 21v and .035A. This seems impossible because that computes to 735 milliwatts. Inexplicable. The light is bright, looks like about 30mW green.... let me know if you guys think this is even possible??? Am i misreading my voltometer?

Ashton

Enlightened
21 volts??? I thought lasers typically ran at like 4 volts... or is the BR diode extremely power hungry?

Conceptcar3

Newly Enlightened
haha well, the BR diode isnt... usually they DO run at 5 volts.... but somehow mine is running, BRIGHTLY at 21v.

Ashton

Enlightened
lol! high-tech potmod, eh? where do you order these things? I've not seen a source unless you count "for parts" PS3s on eBay...

luvlasers

Enlightened
Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Damn, any chance of putting some pics on a reliable host? Feel left out not being able to view your souped up blue laser

Conceptcar3

Newly Enlightened
haha yes! anyone know a good place I can host pics??? I dont usually post them online.