• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

5.3mm Ceramic socket for MR11 Reflectorized Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
5.3mm Ceramic socket for MR16-11 Reflectorized Bulb

(AVAILABLE)

Please allow 7 days to ship

MR16 G5.3 Socket

5.jpg

Here I have another innovation of hi-temp PR base to Gx5.3 bi-pin sockets with premium quality ready to ship.
Gx5.3 bulb pins are 5.3mm apart.
G4 sockets are available
here
Very easy to use. No tool needed, no cutting, grinding and no skills. Will fit in stock M*g C and D switch without modification.
Advantages are low price (around $5) reflectorized bulb available everywhere such as Home Depot or many hardware/electrical store and comes in many choices of 5-10-20-35-50 or 75 watts with or without glass, flood or spot.
Since many of these bulbs are rated 2000-2500 hours life time, you can push the bulb to 18.5 volt.
All you need to do is:
1-Loosen M*g head about 6 turn.
2-Remove bezel, plastic reflector and bulb.
3-Install 5.3mm socket in original switch.
4-Push in your reflectorized 5.3mm bulb into socket.
5-Install bezel with your Boro lens.
Will work with all MR11 and MR16 G5.3 bulbs such as Osram, GE, Philips and...

PR base is mill machined from solid brass, gold plated for premium quality and best electrical connection, then electrically separated with hi temp ceramic. No bare metal to oxidize, no glue to smoke, no soldering to melt down.
I have tested 50 watt reflectorized bulb with 5 protected "C" cells in M*g and its amazingly bright, white and soft beam.
Using 5 IMR 26500 in 4D M*g and 100 watt, 2500 hours MR16 is another great idea.

Price:

G5.3 Socket $29.50 for first socket. cash or CC. AVAILABLE
G5.3 Socket
$27 for each additional sockets. AVAILABLE
12V, 35W, 12 degree MR16 $5 AVAILABLE WITH PURCHASE OF SOCKET
12V, 50W, 13 degree MR16 $6 NOT AVAILABLE
Borofloat lens $7.50 AVAILABLE WITH PURCHASE OF SOCKET
Shipping:
$3.50 to States (any quantity)
$14.00 internationaly (any quantity)
All international packages must be with printed name and address in English and include a phone number.
Paypal to: [email protected]
Please contact me for other type of payment or combine shipping.
It is Necessary to post your request here and detail of your order in Paypal note.:paypal: for 3 sockets
All comments welcome.
--------------
Please find link of my other products here and click on each link you are interested on.
--------------

(A V A I L A B L E)

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
starfiretoo said:
Dumb question. These are the bulbs rated for 12 volts?
Most of these bulbs are 12 volts with many variety of wattage. Since most of them are rated at 2000-3000 hours life, you can easily push them to 18 volt.
waynejitsu said:
Will this work with MR16 bulbs?
I was under the impression these were the same?
Any bi pin bulb with 5.3mm base can be used. You will find this information on bulb package or description when you order online.
willrx said:
What amount of output are we looking at here-lumens, beam, etc.? Thanks.
It depends on bulb wattage and how hard you drive them you may get few thousand bulb lumens.
Bulbs come in flood or spot beam.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
redbird said:
I forgot to ask if boro lenses are needed on this mod? If so, do you have them available?
Some of mentioned reflectorized bulbs come with built in lens, some don't.
You can use without any lens if your MR bulb is lens covered but for better water resistance, using a Borofloat lens is recommended.

redbird

Enlightened
One more thing. What is a good setup to run these bulbs in? I have FM's various setups but need suggestions to experiement with.

thanks

vortechs

Enlightened
fivemega said:
Since many of these bulbs are rated 2000-2500 hours life time, you can push the bulb to 18.5 volt.
Ok, I'm interested in a superlight, especially one that can use an inexpensive bulb and doesn't need an expensive metal reflector, since the reflector is typically one of the most expensive parts in a hotwire build.

A 12V, 75W bulb would draw about 6.25 amps (well within the limits of good high-current NiMH cells). When overdriven to 18V I assume it would be over 100 Watts. I'm not a hotwire expert so I hesitate to be the first to try something like that. What is the maximum wattage bulb that this setup has been tested with and what are the limits on the stock mag parts, like the heat tolerance of the plastic switch assembly and the current capacity of the switch itself.

What battery setup options could someone use to get 18.5V?

15 x 1.2V NiMH = 18V, so would one possible battery option be two modamag 8AA to 2D holders with 15 eneloop NiMH cells and 1 dummy in a 4D Maglite host.

This could get interesting.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
What battery setup options could someone use to get 18.5V?

I have a tri bored 2D M*g with 5 of 17500 and a dummy to power up a 20W bulb also 5 new li-ion "C" cell to power a 50W bulb.
When you deal with high current bulb in a M*g, you should fix and take care of high resistance switch. It can take a lot of heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.