You guys scare me.

DML908

Newly Enlightened
Just kidding.:)

I have been looking at some of the green laser pointers on eBay. Most seem to come from HongKong and I was wondering about the quality, not I did a search for forums and found this one.

What I meant when I wrote that you scare me is that I am now worried about possible eye damage from stray IR. If I understand what has been written here, the cheaper lasers do not have good IR filtering.

How about the more expensive lasers like the ones Lucent Optics sells? Is there still a danger from stray IR?

Thanks.

ted_park

Newly Enlightened
Leadlight (from Atlasnova) Envee (from Lucent Optics) RPL 260 and RPL-300 (optotronics) and the pointer I got from Dragonlasers do **not** leak IR energy. Cheapo eBay pointers do leak. The higher powered lasers are dangerous to your eyesight anyway, so be careful out there, use the appropriate safety goggles.

luvlasers

Enlightened
Yup, i agree completely.

Laser pointers with no IR filters are a serious problem from most ebay sellers and other crooked sellers such as spymodex.

If you stick to the well known brand laser pointers, IR leakage will not be a problem. Safety will always be an issue though at anything over say 5-10mW.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
just do what Kim Jong il does
wkorea05cy1.jpg