Informal CMG Infinity runtime test (Green LED model)

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
I figured that since i have a pile of partially depleted AA cells, i should do a runtime test on the original long-runtime light, the CMG Infinity, the original Non-Ultra model with a green LED....

I grabbed a AA cell that volt tested at 1.4V, and ZTS'ed at 80%, dropped it in the light and twisted the head to "on"

that was *THREE* days ago, 72 hours of continuous runtime, it dropped below 50% brightness sometime during the day today, it's now no longer a vivid Blue-Green, it's just green, still producing usable light though, even though the battery meters .85V

quite impressive that it's able to produce usable light well below the one volt level, i'd hazard a guess that i have about 2 more days of usable continuous light before it drops below a usable level

72+ hours of runtime on a partially drained cell, quite good, really

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, that's pretty impressive. One of these days I'll get the courage to open up one of my non-Ultra Infinities and put a Snow 29 LED in there. And polish the 'reflector'.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
indeed....

I have a similar expereince when I used an infinity Ultra to drain a AA battery...After a nightsleep I gave up....

enjoy, kostas

and indeed that light is robust enough to BEG for an upgrade....