Aspherical Mag 1C

Ledean

Enlightened
Mag C cut down for AW 1C Li-ions length .
Runs on C Li-ions as well as 18670 li-ions.

Cree Xre Direct drive .
Aspherical lens.
Bezel machined to acomodate the aspherical lens.

Tailcap has been Bored to sink the spring deeper to have less force on the protection circuit inside Li-ions.
The beam so bright that if you even look at tha beam in the mirror you will see spots for a while. Looking at the beam directly causes temporary blindness.:tsk:

dsc00593fx4.jpg

dsc00589pe1.jpg

dsc00586jj5.jpg

I have added photos to show how it can be also used with a 18650 li-ion.

You can see two springs . The original spring is recessed .

dsc00551ll4.jpg

Now you can use the C Li-ion.

If you want to use the 18650 You just pull out the original spring like this.
Now the 18650 goes in comfortably without getting all jammed up and messing up it's protection circuit.

dsc005521uw8.jpg

Size difference with recessed spring.
dsc00558xy6.jpg

Click for Comparison beamshots .Thanks to Nitro for providing these :thumbsup:.

Fine Print.
No spring was harmed in any way in the modifying of this tailcap.:naughty:

$97.00 For the 50mm version Shipped in the US with delivery confirmation.
$115.00 for the 52mm aspherical lens Shipped in the US with delivery confirmation.
Add $9.00 for finning the head . $ 4.00 for grooving the body .

International orders Shipping $14.50. Please Pm me before sending Paypal.
Please mention your CPF name in with your Paypal other wise it is hard to track the sender as paypal does not relay that information.

Paypal to [email protected]

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent work!!! Would love to have one of my own!!:grin2:

Ledean

Enlightened
Thanks. I wonder how many people are interested..
Later today I will post pictures of the modified mag tailcap with two springs ..
Are two springs better than one? ..

I will try to get better photos .

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
There seemed to be a lot of interest on Mac's thread on these. And a lot of us on the main list are still waiting, not to mention all those in the overflow.
I think the C-cell option is superior to the 18650 in a D body. What I'm really interested in myself is a magmod that cuts out the stock mag switch and uses a tailcap clickie. The tailcaps are available, but I lack the knowledge and tools to get rid of the stock mag switch. If Mac doesn't come thru soon on his aspherical mags I'd be in for one here, and if you can cut out the stock switch to get everything even shorter, I'd be in for one even if I get my aspherical D-18650 from Mac.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
:goodjob: Ledean

I would be interested at some datas.:)

What current will see the Cree and which binning does it have?

Do have also the impressions, that the Lens will affect the tint a little blueish?

Thanks and best regards

_____
Tom

LowTEC

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:
There seemed to be a lot of interest on Mac's thread on these. And a lot of us on the main list are still waiting, not to mention all those in the overflow.
I think the C-cell option is superior to the 18650 in a D body. What I'm really interested in myself is a magmod that cuts out the stock mag switch and uses a tailcap clickie. The tailcaps are available, but I lack the knowledge and tools to get rid of the stock mag switch. If Mac doesn't come thru soon on his aspherical mags I'd be in for one here, and if you can cut out the stock switch to get everything even shorter, I'd be in for one even if I get my aspherical D-18650 from Mac.
:sold:

Ledean

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:

The body is cut off and rethreaded so that the head screws on .
Magamod's tail can now be used . This procedure shortens the body length considerably. It can be done.
To just get rid of the stock switch all you do is remove the rubber cover and use 5/64 hex keys to unscrew it.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ledean, are you planning on making these available soon? My paypal is waiting:laughing:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pics of the two springs.....great work!!:goodjob: You're killing me here though...NOW I REALLY WANT ONE!!!!! Paypal Waiting:grin2: :grin2: :sold:

Ledean

Enlightened
LowTEC said:
I'm in for a pewter 1C, with tail button please :whistle:

You mean the mag clicky that modamag is selling now?

Choppers
Yes ,I guess I can make them for sale ....

Last edited:

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
If you make them for sale I Definetly wanna be on the list please!!!:rock:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
:goodjob: Ledean

I would be interested at some datas.:)

What current will see the Cree and which binning does it have?

Do have also the impressions, that the Lens will affect the tint a little blueish?

Thanks and best regards

_____
Tom

:bumpit: