I've been searching CPF, but have come up short.
I need to find flashlights for my four daughters, two sets of twins, ages 2.5 and 1.5 respectively.
They are budding (albieit somewhat abusive) flashaholics, and always want to play with my lights. My wife knows this too. She bought them four cheap incan plastic flashlights from the Target $1 racks for their Easter baskets. They survived about an hour before the plastic started to shatter, plus they are twisties, so my girls can't figure them out either, and the incan bulb eats the two AA's they take even faster.
They have some toy Fisher Price animal flashlights that have been pretty durable, and long-lived for incans because they shut off when dropped, but all four know the difference between "toys" and "WEAL FWASHWITES!"
Here is what I need:
- Bombproof. And I mean Bombproof.
- LED & long runtime like a Gerber/CMG infinity because they'll play with them for hours, or leave them on. (I actualy don't mind, it'll make finding them easier when cleaning up) 5mm LED is fine, I don't need even a .5W Luxeon here. Despite having them fight over it, I thought my Gerber Infinity was perfect. However, they managed to partialy break it somehow, so it's now intermittent.
- Rubber or plastic. I let them have my Inova X1 and they tried using it as a Kutoban against a 4'x6' plate glass window, I'm sure their own noggins will be a target eventualy too.
- Not too tiny. AA and AAA size lights will roll under the couch, three girls will have thier light, and the fourth will be screaming bloody murder if we can't find it fast. $1 Keychain lights like the fauxton or others would work, but they'll lose them.
- Push button clicky. They can't figure out twisties, plus if they twist too much they'll come apart leaving choking hazards like batteries about. Obviously it has to twist somewhere for battery access, but I'd like to be able to over-tourqe it a bit for security.
- Price. I'm thinking I'd like to get all four for under $50, so that probably means one of the Chineese wholesalers.
Any ideas? Am I asking the impossible?