What compares to 250Watt HID Hallides?

71gtx

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have some questions about the lighting i use for my business.

I use 2 250Watt Metal HID Hallide Lights from France Former to power the interior of a large trailer for lighting. I need this much light, more would be ok but less will not work for me. However, I am tired of running these lights off of a generator.

I am trying to find a lighting system that will provide similar lighting but that I can wire into my truck without hurting my charging system. Some people mentioned candlepower lights that are mounted on boats? Any ideas, suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
71gtx said:
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have some questions about the lighting i use for my business.

I use 2 250Watt Metal HID Hallide Lights from France Former to power the interior of a large trailer for lighting. I need this much light, more would be ok but less will not work for me. However, I am tired of running these lights off of a generator.

I am trying to find a lighting system that will provide similar lighting but that I can wire into my truck without hurting my charging system. Some people mentioned candlepower lights that are mounted on boats? Any ideas, suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think Metal Halides are the most light for power available.You would not be be able to run a similar output system off of a vehicle battery and charging system. My 175 watt Metal halide yard light outputs 10,000 lumens. A high efficiency Halogen needs 24v and 10 amps to accomplish this same 10,000 lumen rating.

Mac

billhess

Newly Enlightened
2 250 MH lights use 590 watts of electricity producing 34,000 lumens.

1 180 watt LOW pressure sodium light use 220 watts and produces 33,000 lumens.

Down side yellowish light with poor color rendition. Upside a lot less power draw. Low pressure sodium lights are hard to find and expensive. There is a company out of new york that makes 12V DC ballasts for them.