Flashlight, Battery and Part Storage?

edc3

Enlightened
Any recommendations for a storage box for my lights, batteries, chargers, spare lamps, etc? I only have 5 or 6 lights at the moment, but they're scattered all over the house. I'd like something with adjustable dividers. Waterproof is not really important, since it's just for around the house.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Illum

Flashaholic
make some general measurements of your light's dimensions, then head to the local hardware/bait-and-tackle shop or places like Target, Wallyworld, Costco where fisherman's toolboxes are sold. Usually these offer customizeable compartments, portability, and added water resistance.

Personally I lay my lights out around the house instead of a central region so when I need light i dont have to go look for it:grin2:

hope this helps and welcolme to CPForums :wave:

shinbone

Newly Enlightened
Plano brand divided storage containers would work well (shallow tray with hinged lid and adjustable dividers). Maybe throw in a dessicant pack or two to keep rust off any steel parts, such as electrical contacts or springs. I use film containers for some of my lamp assemblies.

There are also tool rolls, gun cases and military surplus ammo containers which can be used as-is or modified with foam.

On the high end you could go with Pelican brand cases, a little pricy but absolutely bomb-proof.

edc3

Enlightened
Thank you. Good suggestions. I just bought a Plano case at target. Looks like it will last a couple of months, depending on how fast I accumulate more stuff I can't afford. :naughty:

Thank you for the welcome, Illum_the_nation!

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will need to set aside a whole 4 drawer unit before too long.

I know !

cutlerylover

Banned
as far as small lights go a fishing tackle box works great, since there are seperate compartments for individual lights so they dont bump each other, and you can keep your batteries in ziplock bags according to size in the bottom part...:grin2:

ryball

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a box at home despot for like $10. I think the brand was workhorse? I filled it up already, so I need another. :D

dig-it

Newly Enlightened
cutlerylover said:
as far as small lights go a fishing tackle box works great, since there are seperate compartments for individual lights so they dont bump each other, and you can keep your batteries in ziplock bags according to size in the bottom part...:grin2:

+1 on the tacklebox