This may start a riot, but ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the world of Arc AAA.

When comparing the light output of my Arc Standard and Arc LE, I seem to prefer the light output of the Standard.

Does anyone agree with this or am I just crazy?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference between the Std and LE is the corona. Both have a blue hot spot but the LE has a slight green outer zone. Light out put is the same. I hope this helps. Give Darell time to wake up and he can add more info.
If you don't like your LE you might be able to sell or trade it.

r2

Enlightened
There's a lot of variation between individual LEDs, too. I have an Arc AAA LE and an Arc AAA CPF which both use the same rank LED. The CPF is much closer to a standard Arc AAA (a bit bluish) and I prefer that to the green tint in the LE. It is also better centered so my CPF is what lives on my keychain.

- Russ

Darell

Flashaholic
I agree with everybody's comments... Angus - I too prefer the beam of my standards to the LEs that I've had. The LEs are still great lights, and I keep my CPF around my neck all the time. But, yes, I too like the SB2 tint better. You are NOT alone...
smile.gif

I've had a whole bunch of each to compare, and r2 is right - the tints and brightnesses can vary enough to make an SB1 look more like an SB2 than an SB2 does. Each one has its own character. I get attached to some of my Arc AAA's. I turn it on, and its like talking to an old friend. (this added so that you won't feel like the craziest one on the board)

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if you guys think you're crazy, what would you think about a certain CPF member who gives his flashlights personal names? I'm speaking of a friend of mine, of course.
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh that's fine I think. I name my cars, ok so I personally don't own a car, but all the cars in my household are named...we have

Lucy the Oldmobile
Daisy the Nissan (Get it, Driving Miss Daisy...)
and Tom Cruise, the Chrysler Town & Country--who replaced Vanna White, a White Plymouth Voyager...

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by carl:
Lux, you made me and my wife laugh! Female or male names?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm. I didn't think of female names. It's too sexual for me.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an ARC AAA, yet. However, I have the feeling that we all have a common starting point in regards to flashlights: unreliable, cheap flashlights, when we were young. The difference between us and regular folk, is that it bugged us enough to start looking for better flashlights, as soon as we could. I just ordered an ARC LS second yesterday. I am thinking about ordering a couple of different AAAs later. From what I have read in these forums and the reviewers sites, I feel strongly that I will be happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.