Support for Defective ARC-LS LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I purchased one of the "First Run" LS (#994) lights off of EBAY. The light worked perfect for about a week but, now is extremely intermitent regardless of the battery config. The only way the light will work is to put a decent amount of pressure on the outside of the casing. It's obvious that the negative poll of the LED has very poor contact with the light casing.

I looked at the ARC website but, do not see any info on warraunty or repair. Any and all help is appreciated.

I'd like to have a reliable, EXPENSIVE flashlight.

MarcV

Enlightened
Have you contacted the person who sold it to you? ARC has a fabulous reputation for service, but shouldn't you take this up with the dealer first? Ask him to switch for a different one from his (her?) inventory.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If you decide to deal directly with Arc, warranty info and Arc address is here at bottom of page. I just sent my LS #1069 back due to a flicker (flex) problem.

Jim

D

**DONOTDELETE**

It was purchased from a private party via Ebay.

Originally posted by MarcV:
Have you contacted the person who sold it to you? ARC has a fabulous reputation for service, but shouldn't you take this up with the dealer first? Ask him to switch for a different one from his (her?) inventory.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks much. I will call them tomorrow.

Originally posted by galavanter:
If you decide to deal directly with Arc, warranty info and Arc address is here at bottom of page. I just sent my LS #1069 back due to a flicker (flex) problem.

Jim
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

fasteddie

Enlightened
I would recommend contacting ARC. Since your goal is to have a reliable, functioning light, they are your best bet. If they don't have a light to swap with you, and if ARC offers a refund that is less than you paid, only then would I try to get a refund from the seller.

I'm sure the seller sold you the light in good faith. Peter Gransee has made no secret about how many LSs had failed. The ebay seller, like many of the people on CPF, bought and sold LS's without a clue that the failure rate on firsts would be so high.

If all else fails, email me an offer. I have a spare I might consider selling.

Whistler

Enlightened
If it wasn't a second (a factory closeout) it shouldn't be a problem to get your 10 year warranty. I remember reading something like this in a previous thread... .

When my LS went dead I got very quick a new one. No problems!

I'am sure that you will get also great service if you contact Arc/mr. Gransee ...

PS: On the website is clearly stated that there COULD be a problem with the lights and that you will have 10 years warranty!!! (So any problem isn't really a problem...)

Zephyr

Enlightened
ARC has any amazing and excellent customer service and they're always willing to help you out with your ARC problem. Just let them know what you want them to do.

ZEPH

Status
Not open for further replies.