I've removed that thread about 1st & 2nds as requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I\'ve removed that thread about 1st & 2nds as requested

Hi Guys,

I've removed that thread about 1sts and 2nds and everyone getting mixed up etc etc etc

Anyway, No threads are deleted by anyone except DavidW. The thread has been sent to him to check over. He may decide to edit it and return it here, or return it, or not.

If you need a Moderator or Admin to deal with something, please send us emails.

I try to read as many threads as I can even in sections such as the Mods (which quite frankly I'm scared by!)

Respectfully,

Al

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Re: I\'ve removed that thread about 1st & 2nds as requested

Why did you remove my thread? Who are you trying to protect? Did somthing get said that was so bad that the WHOLE THREAD had to be removed? Is there any reason why I wasn't told about this first? Futhermore, unless this thread is removed too, will Arc even see this? Did Peter ask for it to be removed?

Finally, Who is DavidW ?

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Catdaddy, David W. is the owner and administrator of this board. As moderators and adminstrators we *do* what DavidW says. It is his board plain and simple. We *all* are guests of him. I suggest that you contact Peter directly via telphone if you wish to talk to him about the matter... If you call Arc flashlight, his cell phone number even was on thier answering system at one time... not sure about now.

Catdaddy, Peter did see the thread and offered you a first in replacement... you need to contact Peter.

Catdaddy

Enlightened

Bushman,
Thanks for the reply. This is all starting to seem weird and Norwellian.

If you read my posts you will see that I have already contacted Peter twice about this matter.

I am not sure what you mean by "Peter did see the thread and offered you a first in replacement". How did he offer? He has made no attempt to contact me, that I am aware of.

Thanks again.
John

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Gransee:
Catdaddy, we will send you a first because that is what I believe you received. We are out for about 4 weeks so it will be in October. Your's will be one of the new LS1 hybrids. Please send the defective unit back.

Spudman, you are right. The dealers only get firsts so that is what you bought. You are also right about the warranty being transferable. I think you sold this flashlight in good faith and you did nothing wrong that I can tell.

Merri (my finance) handles all warranty returns. She had no idea how to tell if this was a first or a second. So she asked me and I told her it was a second. I told her to look up John's past orders to determine what it was. I assumed that he was returning what he bought from us- not thinking that he might have bought another from someone else. However, I now see I was wrong.

I do agree to help avoid this in the future we need to start keeping a master list. I will ask Mike (our production mngr) to start recording the serial numbers. We should probally transpose them to a dbase so it is easier to search for a particular number. We will keep the total file private because we don't want competitors to see what our yields are.

Peter Gransee
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is from the thread that was transferred to the moderator/administrator forum... It has been moved but not deleted... I am just simply passing on information to you that you need to know.

I am really getting out of my league here!
Bushman moderator B/S/T

McGizmo

Flashaholic

It will be very enlightening to see if David W. re inserts the thread. As I read and followed the thread last night, it appeared that some misunderstandings were aired and in the process of being resolved. I for one, added my opinnions and comments and now wonder why I bothered to do so.

EDIT: OK, I just self moderated a few paragraphs of comment which I believe were fair and legitimate but possibly crossed over some sacred ground???

Maybe I'll just stick to the mod section where there seems to be no taboos.

camisdad

Newly Enlightened

I was one asking for removing the thread.

With all due respect to everyone involved, I didn't think that it was fair to expose someone's name to suspicion of dishonesty until all else had been tried.

If it had been your name and you weren't guilty, would you feel good about having someone imply that you might have engaged in dishonest practices? Once it's posted it's there for all to see and it STAYS.

Catdaddy

Enlightened

camisdad,

I don't think it is "fair" to have someone like you who has nothing to do with this problem to insert your judgements of fairness.

Just kidding! I guess we all have our views and opinions. Here's an idea. Wouldn't it be neat if we had a forum or something where we could openly discuss things?!
wink.gif

Of course, since my thread has been removed completely, we don't have to be bothered with the truth coming out for all to see.
Thanks.
frown.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened

Originally posted by Catdaddy:
Bushman,
Thanks for the reply. This is all starting to seem weird and Norwellian.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's "orwellian", from George Orwell, author of "1984" among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.