p3d ce leef body and mcclicky switch?

husky20

Banned
do you think lighthouse is going to offer this as they do with the p1d ce i like forward clicky and would pay the extra dough.:rock:

Last edited:

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
The leef bodies are made by CPF member leef. So it will be up to him if he's going to make one. He probably will with enough demand.

Talas

Newly Enlightened
Ditto. Great quality and good choice of switch for those who prefer a "forward clicky." Anyone know why they're no longer available for the P1?

RGB_LED

Enlightened
:takeit::popcorn:Anyone know how we can persuade Leef to do this? I'd buy a P3D-Ce Leef body and add the Mcclicky switch!

Chao

Enlightened
:rock:I will take one! I have a leef body for P1DCE, love it very much.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
at the risk of sounding like a dud, what is a mc-clicky switch? whats different
Welcome from the Dead Wess Vinglun to the Dead Centre!
The McClicky switch is designed by a CPF member, and switches on with a momentary forward press and click (rather than clicking on and switching off on a momentary press ike Fenices).
Overall I prefer it because it means you can cycle between modes without switching on fully. It's also better made and very positive in action.
On my P1D CE at least, it fits the head better than the original body.
So, I would be up for one for my P3D.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does that mean the Mc-Clicky is easier to accidentally turn on? Also how easy are they to replace the switches on the P range?

ensile

Enlightened
Yes I would buy one as well, they just look too good, and forward clicker is a plus, a major plus...

I'd buy one for p2d also, was this design ever made for the p2d?

Bonez

Newly Enlightened
A forward clickie gives you the option of momentary mode when you push in the button partway and then "clicks" when the button is pushed in the whole way. A mcclicky is different than the switch that you are thinking about from the A2 aviator, which is momentary only, the mcclicky is forward.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, are these universal for the fenix P range? and how hard are the originals to take out and replace with a Mcclicky, and where do you buy one on their own?

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
I would have to agree with techwg. I would like to see one and see maybe a video on Youtube of how it works. I'd be up for it...

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would work just like a Surefire clickie, if he decides to make them.

The light turns on when you push the switch, if you want the light to stay on just keep pushing until it clicks. A Fenix switch turns the light on after it clicks.

Not much to see in a video.

If Fenix had forward clickies I'd buy more of them..

Sverre

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see, so they are not made yet. . . maybe i will stay with the standard one then.

He has made several of these switches, but only for SF lights and one in a body for a Fenix P1D CE head.
I don't think the SF switch housings are the same size as the ones for Fenix so I don't think they will fit.

Some of us are hoping he will make a replacement body w/switch or a replacement switch for the P3D..