Censorship for who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Why did you remove my thread? Who are you trying to protect? Did somthing get said that was so bad that the WHOLE THREAD had to be removed? Is there any reason why I wasn't told about this first?

Futhermore, unless this thread is removed too, will Arc even see this? Did Peter ask for it to be removed? Did TAD ask? Did Spudman?

Would you be removing this thread so quickly if it was you who got screwed on a flashlight?
frown.gif
confused.gif

Finally, who is DavidW ?

* So much for open discussion
icon13.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm more than a little curious about the whole subject.

The LS1 customers were told they had a 10-year warranty.
The SLS customers had a 30-day warranty.

But there's no way to tell them apart!

Were we really supposed to keep our receipts for 10 years?

This needs some clarification!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. What GJW said. If this is a warranty issue, I would like to know about the policy differences.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Catdaddy,

You may not of seen all the replies to your initial post prior to the thread being removed.

One of the last replies was from Peter Gransee, with what was (IMHO) a very fair resolution to the whole issue.

I don't want to go into detail here as:
A) I'm doing this from memory and dont want to make any errors quoting people.

B)I Don't want to dig up the whole matter again until David and the moderators come to a decision about replacing/deleting the thread.

Perhaps you could ask Size15s to email the thread to you so you can read all the replies your initial post received before it was removed.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Catdaddy, the thread was removed before you had a chance to see Gransee`s post?

He said, that his secratary (soon to be wife) had asked him about it...and not knowing the details he assumed it was one of the seconds you had bought earlier.

You will receive, as soon as they ramp up again, (about 4 weeks) a brand new, hot of the press, first with the latest improvements.

He said you should return the light. (e-mail him)

He agree`s that they will have to keep a number list in the future.

Let me point out that the thread was not moved by anyone at Arc.

Ken

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Here is what I said about the #498 light in question: From "Good Job Peter".

"I have several Arc LSs and just got a new LS second today (#968) directly from Arc. Wow, the beam is so even and soooo round! It is better than any others I have. Quality wit Arc LS seems to be improving all the time. I bought #498 last week from an individual. He said it was a new 1st (#498), but the beam is not nearly as nice as the 2nd I got today. There is a black spot in the epoxy beside the LED that makes a distinct dark spot in the beam. It is not even as nice as the (#873) 2nd I got a month ago. I don't want this to come out like a complaint. It is actually a compliment on how nice this new LS second is. Wow! I'll take this kind of second any time.
Thanks Peter!
John"

I am not sure how it was mistaken as a second.
John

camisdad

Newly Enlightened
CatDaddy-

I don't mean to offend you. You are asking about censorship but you strongly implied that someone else was dishonest in that other thread without proof. It turned out in the end no one was dishonest, and Arc had made a mistake in saying your light was a second.

Why should the other guy's name be left as accused (at least an implied accusation) of dishonesty in a thread that will be up forever? If I start posting everywhere on the forum that you are a con man - w/o proof - will you want the posts to stay?

I don't think this is censorship. I think you should not have published the name until you were sure the guy was up to no good. It turns out in the end he was not guilty of anything and totally on the up and up.

Without, once again, wanting to offend you in any way - you could have conveyed the same information to all w/o making accusations and slandering someone's name. When you claim censorship in this case I feel that it is the pot calling the kettle black:) I am trying to be humorous here...

I like your other posts and I sure hope that this storm will be over soon - best feelings from Michel

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Too bad you didn't read what I said carefully before ACCUSING ME of...let's see...slander (how's that for your kettle?)

Are you aquainted with the term "unterntionally"?

If it turns out that Spudman was a victim of Arc's record keeping practices, and had his name hurt because people do not understand the terms in posted messages, then I am sorry, very sorry. I really wish you would read what I said and DID NOT say. What I said WAS AND IS fact...some intentionally or untintionally is giving out incorrect information about this flashlight. Is that not true?

This must be as MrGizmo said, a taboo subject in this discussion area.

BTW, I have yet to hear from Peter or Arc.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
I've been quiet, just watching, but now I kinda hope he removes this thread, too.

Sometimes it's tough to tell the intentions behind a post, but first read of the thread seemed to me to be that of someone that was letting their emotions get the better of them.

If there was something to cover up, then I'd agree that removing the thread was incorrect. However, to me it seems the only thing to cover up was the mistake of posting the message in the first place.

Again, just my 2 cents.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with Tom's post above.Catdaddy-I thought removing the thread was actually a favor to you and your reputation.You accused a guy (who tried to do something nice) of being dishonest.Even if it was only implied,it was not a good thing to do.Plus you got your warranty issue resolved.I think the mods did the right thing.
icon14.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc co. made the mistake. In keeping with their history and pattern came right out, admited it, said they were sorry and corrected it in top dog fashion.

It was just a simple mistake.

Why don`t we just let the matter rest.

The two of you should not have any bad feelings toward one another (put yourselves in each others shoe`s and don`t exagerate the facts).

Why don`t you just kiss and make up. Don`t do where any of us have to see it. I don`t feel like having to make a trip to get alkizelter.

Ken

dark star

Enlightened
Hopefully this whole event has calmed down. Now on to the big question - It's Wednesday - who has the mutant LS1 ?

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is open discussion on this board. But that doesn't mean you get an open mike. Slandering another member's name is a serious offense to me. I should see some profuse apologies going on somewhere. Or hearing about them. Because even if you are right, it doesn't give you the opportunity on my board to attack someone else. Whether individual or collective.

There is a right way to go about getting satisfaction and a wrong way. Please choose the right way next time. And have patience.

Topic closed.

If you have a problem with that you can email me or send me a private message.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
I agree. I read and contributed to the thread before it was removed and I don't think any of the parties involved meant any malice toward each other.

By the way, I emailed Arc Flashlight last night in the wee hours of the morning today and had a return email from Merri at Arc by 10 a.m this morning. Basically she said that if the light was sold to me as a first, then it will be treated as one. I don't think that Peter has ever let anyone down when a problem has come up (at least not that I've heard about), so I'm not too worried about my LS.

What do you mean by mutant LS1 dark star? Are the new LS1's already starting to come out with the new components?

dark star

Enlightened
A thread appeared and disappeared a few days ago (like a whisper in a forest at night ) about a new mutant LS1 with the guts of the LS2 but the LED of the LS1. It was supposed to appear about wednesday.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Oh yeah.....I think I did see that thread.....but I didn't realize they would start coming out so soon. I'm anxious to hear how they perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.