Bought the new Inova T3!!!!

Mr.Shadow

Newly Enlightened
Bought the new reflectored T3 and I have to tell you this thing rocks. The reflector has what I would best describe as macro-texturing and though it smoothes the beam beautifully this thing throws like a champ...much farther than the tiros version by eyesight alone. The fit and finish are exceptional even for Inova and their lumen rating should be pretty close to accurate. Plus, keep in mind that the 85 lumens are spread into a very useful beam with a wicked hotspot that travels FAR. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has the new T1 as I am considering it for edc.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad you like your new light. I have one too and agree with you that the new reflector version kills the old trios version for both usable optics and brightness. Enjoy your light.

JML

Enlightened
My new reflectored T3 doesn't throw as far as my TIROS-based T3. But the added flood, absence of rings, and the increased runtime make up for that.

My Lumapower D-Mini has far greater throw than the new T3, by the way, even with the orange-peel reflector, and uses only one CR123.

Cydonia

Enlightened
This is where I really miss flashlightreviews.com
Now who will give us run time graphs and reviews of the new Inova T series?
Is the regulation in the new T series exactly the same as in the old?
Are the CR123A riding on that spring loaded battery contact post like before?
Are the threads on the new T series the same size as the old?
:thinking:

slaps

Newly Enlightened
I miss flashlightreviews also. But.....It made me a flashaholic. And my wife is not pleased.

thezman

Enlightened
Looks like somebody needs a new avatar. :whistle:

Or are you the Canadian knock-off of my American made version.:lolsign:

Mr.Shadow

Newly Enlightened
thezman said:
Looks like somebody needs a new avatar. :whistle:

Or are you the Canadian knock-off of my American made version.:lolsign:

Sorry about "borrowing" the avatar.........I can't find any I really like and I have to admit yours is my favourite so far. If you don't mind I'll only continue to use until I find "my" avatar.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Talk about "thread off course" :laughing:

Mr.Shadow, speak more about your new T3!! Beam shots? Any comparisons?
So little info this early on about the new T3... oh well.

thezman

Enlightened
Mr.Shadow said:
Sorry about "borrowing" the avatar.........I can't find any I really like and I have to admit yours is my favourite so far. If you don't mind I'll only continue to use until I find "my" avatar.

You can "borrow" it as long as you'd like. :buddies:

It's Agent Smith from "The Matrix". If you've seen the movie, you'd know there were more than just one Agent Smith. :grin2: