Ultrafire WF606A moddability???

Scattergun

Enlightened
I was wondering if the Ultrafire WF606A 2AA/CR2 is terribly difficult to mod with a new LED? I used to have one, but I glued the head together for added waterseal, and finally gave it away. Now I understand that it was a superb little light when used in the CR2 configuration, and I really want another one to mod with a SSC P4. I guess it would do OK with that LED since the original LED produce about the same amount of light as my L2T on high.
-So, is it difficult to get the old LED out, and should I replace it with a SSC-P4 emittor or a SSC-P4 on a star??

Scattergun

Enlightened
I know the head unscrews as it is a focusable light. Nice to know the pill unscrews as well. Wonder if its a star or any kind of non-glued attachment for the LED?

TMorita

Enlightened
I have two ultrafires, but not the 606A.

Anyway, both of them are built the same way; there's a pill which has two slots on it, and you can remove it from the head by using a needle-nose plier, and sticking the tips into the slots and rotating counterclockwise.

The LED is soldered onto the top of the pill, and you can easily remove it. After that, you replace with a .030 spacer from the Shoppe and a Seoul SSC and some thermal adhesive, and that's it.

Toshi

Scattergun

Enlightened
Thats exactly what I wanted to hear!!
Super!!! Just gotta go order a light and an emitter!!
Thanks!!!

TMorita

Enlightened
I'm up to four different Surefires now:

WF-606B
WF-602D
WF-801
Alpha-C1

All of them except the Alpha-C1 use a light pill with two notches in it which can be unscrewed with a needle nose plier.

The emitter is on the other side of the pill. Be sure to insulate the SSC P4 with a thin coating of nonconductive thermal epoxy on the base (and letting it dry) before using thermal compound on it.

Toshi

Last edited:

Latest posts