my first blackout

aljsk8

Enlightened
here in the uk (wigan) just in a radius of about 1/2 mile there was a blackout

my first one since becoming a flashaholic

100w of halogen spots in the lounge run off a sla

2 x ssc p4 (100lum each) in the bedroom - stainless civictor, ultrafire 2aa - both modded

2 mags incans for walking round the house

was a lot of fun!

but i wish id have had more lights!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, congrats, mate! Sounds like a lot of fun, and glad it wasnt too long (can it be that for a flashoholic?).
I haven't had a blackout since I became a flashnut. Still waiting...

benp1

Newly Enlightened
good stuff mate

I live in London and still no luck. i've driven through one but didn't stop so had no need for lights

Patriot

Flashaholic
Nice! I'll bet that you were glad to have been prepared. How long were you blacked out for?

defusion

Enlightened
Learjet said:
Just turn the lights off and pretend. :p
I usually don't use the lights in the house at night, just grab my flashlight, which is alot less of a hassle.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
defusion said:
I usually don't use the lights in the house at night, just grab my flashlight, which is alot less of a hassle.

LOL
I actually started to do that too, since I became a flashlight nut. Don't know if it's less hassle, damn things never near when you need them, but guessing that I'm saving some electricity. Just wondering what my neighbours think when they see a flashlight beam pan across my apartment late nights...

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always go to the bathroom with my MAG 6D ROP HIGH....:grin2:
very funny!

defusion

Enlightened
Lobo said:
LOL
I actually started to do that too, since I became a flashlight nut. Don't know if it's less hassle, damn things never near when you need them, but guessing that I'm saving some electricity. Just wondering what my neighbours think when they see a flashlight beam pan across my apartment late nights...
hell, even when wearing just my bathrobe i have a light in one of the pockets.
for me the lightswitches are never where i need them to be at any given time...
in my previous house i had a remote for the lights and curtains. now that would remove the need for a flashlight around the house (well, in normal circumstances anyway). damn i miss that system :(
i could also turn the lights on/off in the other rooms to annoy my family members:naughty:

Last edited:

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
Last night here in the San Antonio, TX area we had a 12 hour blackout. Thank god for rechargeable LI-Ion batteries. My Surefire L4 went through them pretty quick, but it sure lit up the house.

mdocod

Flashaholic
just had a blackout that lasted all night an into today. had a wet/heavy spring blizzard that downed a lot of trees and brought power lines down with em. Was a great night!, we played cards under the light of the amondotech illuminator ceiling bouncing for over an hour. Ran mags loaded with NIMH for soft room lighting that lasts for hours. plenty of headlamps around for performing tasks like cooking.

tinkerer

Newly Enlightened
The last big blackout in the NE, I gave out a bunch of flashlights to neightbors. I bought about a dozen 2AA cheap flashights and batteries from the dollar store just in case of blackouts. Its amazing that people living in 400K condos and driving expensive SUVs don't have any flashlights:laughing:.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
tinkerer said:
The last big blackout in the NE, I gave out a bunch of flashlights to neightbors. I bought about a dozen 2AA cheap flashights and batteries from the dollar store just in case of blackouts. Its amazing that people living in 400K condos and driving expensive SUVs don't have any flashlights:laughing:.

Then let it be on their own heads !

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strauss said:
Nice! I am still waiting for my first blackout as a flashoholic :)
Then I cordially invite you anyone else to come to Malaysia for a holliday, get quite a few blackouts now and again not in cities but outside in the country...:) Many stuff to shine your valueble lites on!!

firefly99

Enlightened
jumpstat said:
Then I cordially invite you anyone else to come to Malaysia for a holliday, get quite a few blackouts now and again not in cities but outside in the country...:) Many stuff to shine your valueble lites on!!
Which part of Malaysia ? Are you controlling the switch ?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
firefly99 said:
Which part of Malaysia ? Are you controlling the switch ?
I used to manage Chenderoh Hydro Power Plant in Kuala Kangsar,Perak between 95-99'. Now I'm into Gas PP in Kertih, Trengganu....:naughty:

Flashlight Enthusiast
ur lucky, i have bought more lights in the past year and their have been no blackouts, and turning out the lights, well my neighbors.. i wonder what they think