• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Universal Titanium clips ?

Ganp

Enlightened
The Shoppe is out of universal titanium clips, and no reply to e-mail query about availability. :rant:

Does anyone have any info', or know of an alternative clip - I need several.

Colin.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ti clips have been out of stock for some time. Wayne posted at the Shoppe that this entire month is devoted to getting his taxes done and he will be tied up with that.

I have successfully used some clips originally designed for knives purchased here:
http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pages/kk_store_1mainframe.htm?kk_products_parts_main.htm~smain

The ends needed a bit of forming to match the curvature of the light. I did this with a scratch-built male/female die in a vice, but that's a bit of overkill. Careful bending would suffice.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome Colin.

You'll need to tool up for tapping and such. The small clips take #2 screws, and some larger clips come with screws, I think #3. By contrast the universal Ti clips use a #4.

You can also drill out the clip holes to accept larger screws, but #4 is pushing it with the small clips. 1/8" long screws work best and seem to have a larger selection of sizes.

Try to pick a mounting location that doesn't compromise the integrity of the body. That would be on the tailcap shroud (SF E2d tailcaps work great), trim Aleph caps, or the grip ring of a 2 X 123 Aleph tube. Otherwise you'll be drilling into the tube interior and compromising the seal as well as potentially chaffing the cells with the protruding screw.

McMaster-Carr is a good source for taps and a variety of SS screws. I prefer button head socket cap screws. You need to buy them in boxes of 100. If you just need a few to play with PM me, I have several boxes of different sizes, head styles, and lengths.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
I am getting more Ti clips and will put them online when they arrive.