This is how valuable your CPF membership is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that everyone's already seen TAD Gear's generous offer to CPF members for the Arc-LS hybrids but I wanted to offer a slightly different take on things.

I'd already had a backorder with TAD for a complete 4-piece LS kit.
Then yesterday I got an e-mail from TAD saying that some Arcs had arrived but they were now being supplied only with the 1x123 pack and did I still want one?

No real explanation...
No apology...
No offer of a price reduction...
Simply take it or leave it.

Well I was a little more than pissed and if I hadn't already been privy to the goings-on at Arc from Peter, most of my anger would have been directed at Arc.
'How could a distributor leave a retailer swinging in the wind like that?'

I cancelled the order (I already had two SLS on the way) thinking that TAD had handled the whole thing pretty lousily.
Then I found their special offer post today and saved $30.00.

Now I'm very glad to be getting a wonderful product at a wonderful price but how many of TAD's other customers got turned away or stuck with a pretty raw deal simply because they weren't members here?

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
I'm curious as to which version/revision they recieved from ARC.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is exactly what confused me. Peter has posted on Sept. 20 that 500 ma of SLS is available and more would be available this week. After that, all would be in 400ma. I emailed Peter and tried to order a couple of them. I was referred to some other dealers and none of them carried this on their sites. I don't want to email all of their dealers to check what they have not listed on their sites simply to order something that was announced to be available.

I think I should stay away ArcLS for now until they know exactly what they really have.

Alan

dark star

Enlightened
I think I should stay away ArcLS for now until they know exactly what they really have.
Alan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have been frustrated too, but other then a pea green SLS ( that will run forever and never die even after all my abuse ) I've been quite happy with what I get from ARC. And I have the feeling in a few months their models will settle down (other then the LS3 !)

Status
Not open for further replies.