AAA Flickers....Was I always in moon mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a while now I've been using my ARC, and never seeing what moon mode is because I change the batteries after a few months. So I change my battery, and continue on what I thought was Sun mode, as Im in the storage room at work, I notice it flickers? Was I stuck in moon mode, and it flickers back into sun mode then back to moon mode? So I figure it was a dead battery, when I put in the new battery, its the same brightness, so I thought, Im back into Sun mode, until it flickers into a higher power mode? This only happens when I don't screw on the head super tight. And occurs maybe 1 out of 10 times I turn on the light.

ok, heres a translation of the above post with 99% less confusion.

I put in a new battery and it should be in sun mode, I use it for say 5mins, and it flickers to a brighter mode. Was I stuck in mood mode?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I have not had that problem but I seem to remember someone mentioning about their AAA getting "stuck" in "moon Mode". I might get too many hits searching for Arc AAA
smile.gif
. If I remember correctly turning it off and on "reset" it.
Have you tried cleaning it? Neg contact, pos contact and threads.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did some maintence, cleaning contacts, dielectric grease on the threads. Still flickers sometime. It would suck if I had been in moon mode and not known about it!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by V8TOYOTATRK:
I just did some maintence, cleaning contacts, dielectric grease on the threads. Still flickers sometime. It would suck if I had been in moon mode and not known about it!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Needs fixing! To attempt yourself, search under: "roll crimp"-if that technique doesn't work for you, then you need to send it back to Arc for replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.