Why should I buy the Arc LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaneda

Newly Enlightened
One reason to buy ARC LS ?
It's simple: These ARC LS are mastercool.
Tiny sized light that is as bright as the sun. There is no smaller light with higher brightness available on the market. ARC LS is the best of the best.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think LS1 Hybrid or above would be the brightest 2 AA light you could get in the market regardless if it's LED or incandescent.

Alan

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LS is also a serious flashlight. Eye poppingly bright too. I am planning to get a first, for the warranty. The one I have now, has the rev1 circuit and can use a single AA. It is very bright in this configuration.

The Arc LS gives you a choice of batteries and its versatility is extendable with mods. I have a headlamp mod from Silviron (very nicely done), and a 2C cell pack on order from another CPF member.

Firsts come with a 10 year warranty.

I couldn't understand all the fuss, until I got mine. Even a Second is worth getting, if you don't mind having no warranty.

The problem right now, is that demand far outstrips supply. Be prepared to live in CPF for availability notices.
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yup, I too am a huge fan of the LS, I have a Rev 1 circut 1 second...love it love it love it!

The LS, however, is not the AAA and isn't for the faint of heart. Although most people have a perfectly, well, perfect relationship with their LS--it is a growing product with lots of growing pains...

I still recommend it though. Even if I wrote more about it's cons than pros, it's pros far outweigh the cons.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Charles Bradshaw:
Be prepared to live in CPF for availability notices.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Charles has most quickly discovered, "The CPF Syndrome". Abandon all hope all ye who enter here!
grin.gif

Man, I remember how it was when Lambda first released his LIs and IllPills. And Wayne with his Madmax...
cool.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great features of the Arc LS? Bright, white light. Very robust. Versatile with the option of either a lithium 123 battery for ultra-compact size, or 2 AA for cheaper, common batteries.

One reason why you must buy the light? Well, I'm going to go against the flow here and say - do you really need to buy it? If the price really is daunting to you, then you may end up regretting it when you sit down and think about that it is 'just a flashlight'. (yeah, heresy around these parts, I know..)

There are many cheaper lights which are just as practical, but much cheaper. They won't be quite the same, but they won't cost $120 or so (for a 'first')

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite a fan of the Arc LS - I've purchased about 12 of them - but it is still quite an expensive item for what it does. If you really can afford it and won't mind parting with that much money for a light, then I highly recommend it.

Graham

Angus

Newly Enlightened
Seriously, I am considering purchasing an LS. The light sounds great and I love the AAA but the LS is a serious chuck of change.

Could someone detail the great features of this light. As you can tell, I'm trying to find the ONE reason why I MUST buy this light.

MicroE

Enlightened
Angus---Instead of "WHY" should you buy the Arc LS, I think you should have started the thread with "HOW" can you buy the Arc LS.
I spoke with a lovely lady at Arc today who told me that they won't have any units for sale for a couple of weeks. It was disappointing. When you're finally ready to spend $150 on a flashlight (admittedly, a very nice one) and then you are told that you have to wait because the manufacturer is out of parts. I wonder how production is going at SF.......Marc

Interlude

Newly Enlightened
Not to nitpick, and I'm sure there is info out there on this topic already, but how does the light output on the LS compare to an E2E? Bearing in mind, of course, that LEDs don't have the "punch" of xenon bulbs.

Darell

Flashaholic
They don't compare. Slip a beamshaper over the E2, and you'll have a reasonable idea of what a yellowish LS would look like.

Seriously, they're very different animals. Currently I use an incandescent for distance, and LED for everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.