Guess who I got a package from today? **Beamshots Added**

Groundhog66

Banned
Received a box with a few lights in it today, never guess where it came from. :whistle:

DSC00850.jpg

Tim

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Guess who I got a package from today??

......WE NEED SOME INFO!!!
What mods were done? Runtimes? What batteries are being used? BEAMSHOTS!!!!.......YOU CAN'T FORGET THE BEAMSHOTS!!!!

Groundhog66

Banned

DaFABRICATA said:
......WE NEED SOME INFO!!!
What mods were done? Runtimes? What batteries are being used? BEAMSHOTS!!!!.......YOU CAN'T FORGET THE BEAMSHOTS!!!!

I will give you as much info as I know from L to R

Milky ML1 - SSCP4 USWOH w/McR18 running on a primary cell

CR2 ION - Cree XRE P3 WC running on primary cell

Longbow - SSCP4 USVOI w/McR18 running on an RCR123

KL4/LS - SSCP4 USWOH w/custom E to LS spacer and 123 clicky along with a slim twisty tail running on an RCR123 OR the option of a 14500.

Runtimes, you're killing me. :awman:

Tim

Last edited:

vee

Newly Enlightened

WOW! more beautiful lights you got there groundhog! i wanna c dat KL4/LS beamshot!

Groundhog66

Banned

vee said:
WOW! more beautiful lights you got there groundhog! i wanna c dat KL4/LS beamshot!

I actually like the Longbow a bit better, still not as good as my 27LT-S.

Here are a couple beamshots, approx 4 - 5 feet from exterior wall. Not sure hot to do them so they would be more accurate, but you get the idea. Cells were not exactly the same charge, but close enough.

DSC00856.jpg

RCR123

DSC00857.jpg

Last edited:

ronson5

Newly Enlightened
hey, how's the cr2 ion? is it still floody after the upgrade, and can it still use rechargeable cr2? how do u like the upgrade? i have one and need more lumens and more throw.

Groundhog66

Banned
ronson5 said:
hey, how's the cr2 ion? is it still floody after the upgrade, and can it still use rechargeable cr2? how do u like the upgrade? i have one and need more lumens and more throw.

If you want an upgrade, I would suggest sending it to Milky. The Ion does not do well on rechargeables, you basically lose your low setting. It is nice on primarys though.

Tim

ronson5

Newly Enlightened
thanks. yep, i know of milky's work. he just upgraded my LionHeart, its now 2x brighter and much whiter. i was just wondering if it would be worth it to get the ion upgraded.

chuck

Groundhog66 said:
If you want an upgrade, I would suggest sending it to Milky. The Ion does not do well on rechargeables, you basically lose your low setting. It is nice on primarys though.

Tim

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
More info on the KL4, please. ;) How does the output compare to stock. More importantly, at least to me, how hot does it get after 10 minutes of use?

Groundhog66

Banned
Valpo Hawkeye said:
More info on the KL4, please. ;) How does the output compare to stock. More importantly, at least to me, how hot does it get after 10 minutes of use?

I am not sure how it compares to stock, it's my first one. I think Milky will chime in and give you the particulars, hopefully. As far as it heating up, it really doesn't get bad.:grin2: I will give it a better test tonight and let you know.

Tim

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Groundhog66 said:
I am not sure how it compares to stock, it's my first one. I think Milky will chime in and give you the particulars, hopefully. As far as it heating up, it really doesn't get bad.:grin2: I will give it a better test tonight and let you know.

Excellent, I appreciate it. If you're willing, please be sure run it continuously 10-15 minutes and handle it with bare hands. I love my L4, but I hate the limitation on runtime, not by batteries, but by heat!

Groundhog66

Banned
Well, I gave it a test this evening. I ran it for 12 minutes and was able to not only palm the entire light bare handed, but squeezed it in my hand . It certainly felt very warm, but not hot. Hope this helps, still waiting for the Milky One to chime in regarding the tech info.

Tim

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
vee said:

Was gonna wait until I got a thread posted about this particular light, but... here ya go... :)

img-kl4-soma-ceiling.jpg

Valpo Hawkeye said:

I always forget what the current spec on stock L4 output is! 80 lumens? 100? 120? Something in that range.
:thinking:

The SEOULmated version is probably delivering something in the 155-200 lumens range, along with runtime about the same as stock and most interestingly, doing it from a single RCR123 instead of TWO primary 123 cells.

lightrod

Enlightened
Milky -

The KL4 (in the L4 with 2xCR123) with lux5 is rated 100 lumens - I measure about 110 on mine.
A SEOULmated 155-200 lumens on a single CR123 for an hour? Holy smokes! More info please :))):
- beam pattern still the famous wide/floody "wall of light"?
- can it take the 2 CR123 setup as in the L4? If so, is brightness affected, or just increased runtime?
- have you tried the XRE and if so how's the beam pattern and performance?

Thanks!

Latest posts