ARC AAA discontinued orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't be worth it since we only have about 4 left. I figure these will probally go around halloween.

Peter

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter,

How does the orange compare to the white? Specifically, overall brightness and throw?

Also, what version are these? Are they at least HAIII?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m not Peter but does this help?

arcaaawhiteorange.jpg

It has a very bright but narrow squarish center spot surrounded by a pretty bright corona. Overall bright bit is narrower than the white. Colour is a reddish orange, kind of a slightly redder "neon nightlight" shade. If it weren`t such a deep colour it`d throw much further than the white ever could.

From what I can tell, mine is Hard Anodized, and is the Version 3 with Chemkote interior. Assuming Arc don`t sell a lot of oranges, the ones they have left could be the same as this one I bought a few months back when all the colours were officially dropped. Along with all the other discontinued colours!

Well, as a devoted Torch Addict and long time fan of these little ones right back to the earliest days and the first prototype, I had to have the complete (visible) spectrum of AAAs didn`t I?!
grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
All except IR and UV, hence why I added (visible) up there. Some of them are the old style though, they were being sold off on clearence cheaply after they got discontinued, otherwise I doubt I`d have been able to complete my collection!

7arcaaas.jpg

Not sure what one is my favorite though. They all have their merits.

grin.gif

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, I'll put in another good word for the orange AAA -- it is the very best I've found for getting around in the dark without losing night vision. Only competition is the orange Stylus, and the Arc AAA is better because its long narrow spot beam reaches across a dark room well enough to see clearly, plus enough side-scatter to walk.

From the aging-eyes-have-smaller-pupils side, I'm glad I got one while they were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.