Comments on TTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Any reason not to use Texas Tactical Supply for my Arc AAA order as opposed to getting it directly from Arc for $28.95? I haven't seen anything bad about them, but jeez, I must be missing something to explain a $10 savings ($4 shipping from TTS)

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
ARC like most manufacturers will sell direct only at MSRP on first quality product. They don't want to compete with their distributors and retailers. They may or may not control (subtly or overtly) a "retail price maintenance" policy.

TTS is a fine supplier I've ordered from on several occasions.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`ve directly ordered from Peter most of my Arc flashlights, primarily because (i) I don`t mind leaving my money with him, and (2) I`ve been buying a lot of colored LS`s which only Peter had for sale.

Having said that, though, William at TTS is one of the greatest and most honest persons you could ever hope to deal with. In my opinion, he walks on water...just like Peter always has!

God bless Peter Gransee... and William at TTS!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I ordered from them before, never had a problem.

Darell

Flashaholic
I've had a couple of problems with them - but since every problem was fixed *instantly* and in my favor - I can't recommend TTS enough. Everybody makes mistakes. It is how the mistakes are handled that separates the great retailers from the ones I avoid.

Zephyr

Enlightened
I totally agree with darell. I've had a couple of problems with them, but nothing serious that would discourage me from getting stuff from them again. I would recommend TTS for their great service and prices.

ZEPH

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
My dollars are limited so I have done only a few transactions with William but have never had a problem and one of my transactions was above and beyond what I would expect. I too am amazed at the MSRP and the price you can get things from some distributors for. In this case too good to be true is not the case. It is too good and true.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have a great bunch of dealers and William at TTS is a fine example. I have bought several library lights from him and he shipped the product quickly and at a great price.

Btw, dealers typically ask for 50% (keystone) off of list. Our cost to list margin is lower than the norm so we compress the dealer discount to 40% of list. The difference between their price and list allows them to cover their business costs and offer a modest discount (usally) as an incentive to buy from them.

We look at the dealer discount as an advertising cost.

Being an idealist, I like to sell our lights as cheaply as possible. I do recommend that you buy from our dealers whenever possible. Especially if you are out of the country! There is a partial list of dealers on our website.

Frankly, I think TTS sells the product too cheaply. But the business model seems to work for him.

Peter Gransee

KenBar

Enlightened
I have bought from TTS 4 times.
Once he misplaced my order...he included an extra flashlight to say "sorry"!
There was no need for him to do that.
I even told him not to!
I gave the flashlight to a girl at work...so he has 2 friends now!
smile.gif

He also has my business.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Alright alright alright!
wink.gif
Just ordered and even decided I couldn't wait so I went for the 3 day shipping. I was only expecting one or two responses by this morning, thanks for the advice. I hope William sees this thread and gets some satisfaction from what has obviously been diligent customer service.

I would ask him if he offers a CPF discount but you can't really beat $19.95, and since I wouldn't have known about him without CPF I guess that is the same thing as getting a discount.
smile.gif

That makes five LEDs (a small collection I know) so my collection is officially underway. Now I can start saving up for the Inretech minimag adapter and start working on a way to sneak it into the house without the wife noticing.
wink.gif
I'm sure that as soon as I turn it on though the jig will be up. (No honey, I think the minimag was always that bright, why do you ask?)

KenBar

Enlightened
Michigan Man...Quote..
I'm sure that as soon as I turn it on though the jig will be up. (No honey, I think the minimag was always that bright, why do you ask?)

Last night the conversation went this way at my house...

Wife.. "I haven't seen that before???Is that new?

Me..."NO...I have had this for awhile! ( 2 hours )

Daughter: "NO dad, I have not seen that one... she reaches and turns on ( ArcLS with 123) that was hanging around my neck. Wow dad...you must have gotten new batteries then. It sure is brighter than it used to be."

"Yeah...sit down and eat supper."

Whew....just slid in another one in !
smile.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 LE and 4 regular ArcAAA were from TTS. Great dealer - fast respond time, good price and cheap shipping for overseas. It only takes few days to ship to Hong Kong.

Alan

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of slipping things by someone.....

I live with my 80+ mom and she said "Another flashlight!!??" (My cyan Arc LS arrived today)
shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif

I told her that I got for the warranty and it has its uses.
wink.gif
(which it does)

Status
Not open for further replies.