Gladius Mod question.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I saw a video link demonstrating the removal of the Gladius Night-Ops head. I could not find it anymore. Does anyone know the link?

I understand that a CPF member is providing a service to mod the Gladius, but it is too costly for International member. I am tempted to do this myself. Any suggestion and tips are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

LA OZ

Enlightened
Ok I have managed to get the head out in one piece. I my next step is to order the SSCP4 from Dealextreme or Kaidomain. I will put it all together one weekend :).

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once you break the seal on the head/body junction (which can be really easy or a PITA--depending on the light) it's pretty straight forward. Just watch out for that ball bearing...

-dan

LA OZ

Enlightened
LOL, yeah, I was surprise there is a ball bearing inside. It just dropped off. I was lucky enough to find it.

Is there such thing as premium SSCP4 and low grade SSCP4?

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
LA OZ said:
LOL, yeah, I was surprise there is a ball bearing inside. It just dropped off. I was lucky enough to find it.

Is there such thing as premium SSCP4 and low grade SSCP4?

You want a U-bin for output, I think Kai and DX also sell T-binned SSCP4 which are less bright.

With Photonfanatic (dealers corner) you can choose tint (very important to me) and you are sure to get a correct bin. He is also a lot faster than DX or Kai.
Not that much more expensive either, and he responds quickly to
e-mails:)

Sverre

LA OZ

Enlightened
Thank you NoFair, your suggestion is exactly what I am after. I will look into it.

I have two Gladius lights, serial 03371 and 20545. There are some advances made in the later version. The tint is definitely whiter, brighter but slightly narrower and hence more throw. Look like I have to mod the older version Gladius.