Super-Thin Wallet

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two or threads that have been merged into one on the subject. If you do a search I'm sure you can find it. It includes more than just the All-Ett, but all of the comments regarding the All-Etts were super positive, including mine.

I use the Jr and just can't sing enough praises about these little wonders. I didn't carry a wallet for the last 15-20 years b/c I couldn't stand the bulk.

soupster

Newly Enlightened
Yes I have one its held up fine for over a year now .Greatest wallet ever!

gunga

Flashaholic
Wow, I'd never heard of this. It is actually really cool.

Hey, do you guys know any good way to carry loose change? I know, I know, pocket, but my wallet has a coin pouch at the moment and I don't like change rattling around in my pocket.

COMMANDR

Enlightened
Just hang around here for a few week and I guarantee you will have a thin wallet.

Gary
smile.gif

aikiman44

Enlightened
I've just used the Front Pocket Wallet and was pleased. Came home from vacation and used my old wallet and it was pretty bulky incomparison.

shrap

Enlightened
I've got an All-Ett junior, I love it and should probably buy a dozen more so I'll never run out.

It looks like they've discontinued many of the color options along with the website design. I really wanted a junior in dark green too.

Gunga - maybe the Chawly Changer? I've got one (and two more in storage), it prevents the rattling and organizes your change, but it's another thing you have to carry, even if you don't have any change. I don't know how much change you usually carry.

malcontent

Newly Enlightened
gunga said:
Wow, I'd never heard of this. It is actually really cool.

Hey, do you guys know any good way to carry loose change? I know, I know, pocket, but my wallet has a coin pouch at the moment and I don't like change rattling around in my pocket.

Try a Mission Wallet from Blade Art http://www.bladeart.com/mission-tac/mission_wallet/mission_wallet.htm

It'll hold your change, and a few more items. It is small, and will fit in a front pocket.

dfred

Enlightened
If you want thin, try this paper wallet...

http://www.instructables.com/id/S9331VJF3DES9J73YS/

The instructions aren't the best, but the concept is sound. I recommend cutting the diamond out "paper snowflake" style, without making a full cut from the edge of the paper. Made one out of Tyvek a week ago and it's holding up fine. I did secure the tucked end flaps with double-face tape.

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
dfred said:
If you want thin, try this paper wallet...

http://www.instructables.com/id/S9331VJF3DES9J73YS/

The instructions aren't the best, but the concept is sound. I recommend cutting the diamond out "paper snowflake" style, without making a full cut from the edge of the paper. Made one out of Tyvek a week ago and it's holding up fine. I did secure the tucked end flaps with double-face tape.
Wow that tutorial is great! I just made a wallet from a piece of paper I wanted to throw away :)

SJACKAL

Enlightened
I like to keep my wallet in my back pocket. I have a rather rounded butt, so I think using the thin wallets will cause my cards to bend and crack. Hahaha :D

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. Check out the website - they specifically address that issue. The wallet will bend at the edges of the cards, so that the cards don't bend and crack. The smaller Jr has the cards "stacked" when folded, so that's not an issue with it either.

They have been very well designed - I've talked to one of the owners on the phone and I really admire and respect this small business venture.

With a 30 day unconditional guarantee, you can't go wrong. Try them, and if you find out that it's just not for you, return it within the 30 days for a refund. Beyond that, there's a one year wear warranty. If you wear it out within a year, they'll replace it.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read the reviews BEFORE I purchased mine and they were what convinced me to make the purchase. I followed the threads here on CPF and read comments from those that had purchased them and I put a great deal of stock into the reports from other CPFers.

Based on your comments, I just followed your link and read the reviews again. I don't know how you can just overlook the vast majority overwhelming positive comments about the product and instead choose to accept the reports of 2-3 negative reviews.

The crinkle sound that the crisp sailcloth makes disappears after the wallet is used and broken in. My cards don't fall out, but then again, I have the Jr, not the full sized model. If you're not going to carry the equivilent of 15-20 cards, I'd recommend the Jr instead of the larger one. But still, I can't see a problem with items falling out, UNLESS you pack a slot full and then remove several items from that slot.

The wallet stretches or shapes to what you put in it, so if you've stretched it with a full load and then remove some of the cards, it'll take a while to reshape to hold the smaller amount snuggly and it probably won't ever be as snug as if would have if it had not been stretched. Even so, I still can't see a problem with stuff falling out unless you're a complete idiot and turn the wallet so that it will fall out.

I have no clue what you're referring to in the rest of your comments. I can't find any negative rating about the seller, much less a high one, and are you trying to say that the company sells it owns products direct rather than through resellers? And the problem with that is what???

I don't consider the negative reviews that I read legit. One guy was bombastic and said they were a ripoff and the materials were worth 2¢. If he or anyone can find that quality of sailcloth for that price, I'm in for several hundred dollars worth. That aside, did he expect $20 worth of MATERIAL. How about design, labor, etc. and that necessary little evil called profit that allows the business to continue to offer their products and honor their warranty?

Another idiot said it wasn't what they expected and there should have been a better description of the material. What better way is there to describe the material than to tell you that the material is sailcloth?

For anyone that has a problem with thick, overstuffed, heavy, bulky wallets, the ALL-ETT is an ingenious inexpensive solution. It's not for everyone - that's what makes the world go round. But what more can you ask of a company to try their their product, and if for whatever reason you don't like it, you can return it for a refund, no questions asked?

You don't have one - others here do and they love them. Why do you want to trash our purchases?

felder

Newly Enlightened
This has been discussed in a few topics here already. The wallet is great. I started with the jr, and after marveling at it's thinness I upgraded to full size. I've had it for about 6 months now and I see no signs of wear. It's a great product.

shrap

Enlightened
Like I'm going to trust a bunch of reviews on Amazon.com over glowing reviews from Candlepowerforums, EDCF, 43Folders, Lifehacker, etc.

That being said, the turning point came when I saw the CEO of my company had one.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
kitelights said:
I read the reviews BEFORE I purchased mine and they were what convinced me to make the purchase. I followed the threads here on CPF and read comments from those that had purchased them and I put a great deal of stock into the reports from other CPFers.

Based on your comments, I just followed your link and read the reviews again. I don't know how you can just overlook the vast majority overwhelming positive comments about the product and instead choose to accept the reports of 2-3 negative reviews.

The crinkle sound that the crisp sailcloth makes disappears after the wallet is used and broken in. My cards don't fall out, but then again, I have the Jr, not the full sized model. If you're not going to carry the equivilent of 15-20 cards, I'd recommend the Jr instead of the larger one. But still, I can't see a problem with items falling out, UNLESS you pack a slot full and then remove several items from that slot.

The wallet stretches or shapes to what you put in it, so if you've stretched it with a full load and then remove some of the cards, it'll take a while to reshape to hold the smaller amount snuggly and it probably won't ever be as snug as if would have if it had not been stretched. Even so, I still can't see a problem with stuff falling out unless you're a complete idiot and turn the wallet so that it will fall out.

I have no clue what you're referring to in the rest of your comments. I can't find any negative rating about the seller, much less a high one, and are you trying to say that the company sells it owns products direct rather than through resellers? And the problem with that is what???

I don't consider the negative reviews that I read legit. One guy was bombastic and said they were a ripoff and the materials were worth 2¢. If he or anyone can find that quality of sailcloth for that price, I'm in for several hundred dollars worth. That aside, did he expect $20 worth of MATERIAL. How about design, labor, etc. and that necessary little evil called profit that allows the business to continue to offer their products and honor their warranty?

Another idiot said it wasn't what they expected and there should have been a better description of the material. What better way is there to describe the material than to tell you that the material is sailcloth?

For anyone that has a problem with thick, overstuffed, heavy, bulky wallets, the ALL-ETT is an ingenious inexpensive solution. It's not for everyone - that's what makes the world go round. But what more can you ask of a company to try their their product, and if for whatever reason you don't like it, you can return it for a refund, no questions asked?

You don't have one - others here do and they love them. Why do you want to trash our purchases?

My aren't you the sensitive one? I didn't trash your purchases if you bothered to actually read what I wrote. And I based it on the detailed comments from those who actually did purchase it on the comments and the seller ratings page here, where both had valid criticisms.

That is in addition to the negative/critical comments in Jeff's review that he started this thread with, notably my highlights in red from what he posted:

I'm a fan of this wallet; some people aren't. It's about a quarter-inch thick full, and about as thin as a coin empty. It's so thin, you actually have to get used to it. I personally find the spinnaker cloth it's made of to be durable, but I've seen reviews questioning it. I've only had it for a few months, so I can't say for sure.

You can read other reviews on amazon, and you'll notice a complaint being that cards might fall out. I agree with a few of the other reviewers, that each card pocket is designed to hold 4+ cards. If you have fewer than 4 cards in each pocket, yes, they probably will fall out.

That is a high negative rating/set of opinions as far as I am concerned, and even some who gave a decent 4 or 5 rating did not like or recommend it. I never buy something from Amazon if the seller has less than a 90% overall rating, and usually not if it is under 95%. If even Jeff who posted his review has had it for a few months and still can't say for sure, that also says something to me. I did not see his review as a glowing evaluation. Overall the detracting comments say a lot to me, and for all these reasons, it was enough to not have me bother with it.

The more important question is why are you so off the deep end when I expressed my opinion of what I read at Amazon. Sounds suspicious to me that you have such a need to fly off the handle at my simple 3 sentence opinion. Are you on commission or the owner, or just always this way?

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
GearAddictionDotOrg said:
I've just posted a review for All-Ett's very, very, very thin wallet:

http://www.gearaddiction.org/viewtopic.php?id=49

Anyone have one?
I have one of their card cases, and I'm not a fan. The lack of any friction between the wallet material and its contents means if I don't take extra care when opening it, the contents get spilled. I need my EDC items to be a little more reliable. I doubt durability will be an issue, but the (very) flimsy feel doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I'm currently looking for a replacement.

I do however love my Big Skinny wallet (Warning: cheese factor of the website is off the charts).

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
gswitter said:
I have one of their card cases, and I'm not a fan. The lack of any friction between the wallet material and its contents means if I don't take extra care when opening it, the contents get spilled. I need my EDC items to be a little more reliable. I doubt durability will be an issue, but the (very) flimsy feel doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I'm currently looking for a replacement.

I do however love my Big Skinny wallet (Warning: cheese factor of the website is off the charts).

Ha ha....Sex sells is the message there...but that movie gives a clear demonstration of the secure protection with him shaking it. This looks a lot more what I would want. Thanks for the link.