• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

emitter board wiring?

van1

Newly Enlightened
:huh2: Just have a question about the emitter board? For the SS boards I would like to know what one (cathode or anode) is positive and what one is negative.
thanks,

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
The top of the board is negative. The (-) holes are connected to the rest of the emitter board surface by tiny traces.

If you look closely you'll notice the (+) holes (where the connectors protrude through and are soldered onto the Lux) are isolated from the rest of the board by a "ring" where there's no metal coating (on the top surface of the emitter board).

:thinking: I hope that made sense.

van1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, make sense after looking at the board! Last question is how do I test the board. I just recieved some MM+ boards and it says to test them as they are not tested at SS. Don't I have to fully solder everything up so I don't fry the board with no emitter on it?

thanks,

greenLED

Flashaholic
van1 said:
Last question is how do I test the board. ... Don't I have to fully solder everything up so I don't fry the board with no emitter on it?
Yup, pretty much. Solder the wires onto the board, then onto the LED, and fire it up. If it works (I've never had a bad board), desolder de LED and finish the assembly.

Actually, if you have some short wires with aligator clips, you can clip the LED to them, and solder the bare wire ends to the board.

I should mention I think everyone has a slightly different way of making a sammie, based on their abilities and tools available.

Good luck and have fun!