Your opiinion of the Surefire C2?

Gordov2

Enlightened
I am considering a purchase of the SF C2. I am planning to run it on two of AW's 123R cells with a Lighthound HO9, 320-lumen bulb.

What do you think?

In addition, should I get the M2 instead? Opinions please?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will be blown away on how small in the hand this light is. I got to handle one at a jobsite. I had to go through a security check point at a Court building and I had a 9P as part of my work kit. The Sheriff on duty tried to activate my light and I told him it was locked out. He turned it on before I could explain how to do it then I noticed a Z44 (I think this is the right part #) bezel poking out of his utility belt. I asked him what SF he was pack'n and he handed me his light.

Get a A19 cell extender & P90 LA with your C2. The P90 is my LA of choice.

Ooops, sorry to ramble...

Patriot

Flashaholic
Sounds like a bright and rugged light. I wish I owned a C2. I have the M2 and never carry it because it feels top heavy when clipped in my front pocket. The C2 even has a wider beam because the lamp isn't set so far back in the bezel.
I think you'll like your C2.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
HMMM, so you could (technically) drop this guy in a 6P as well, then eh?? Pocket rockety... I've got a few Surefire lights that would see renewed life with this puppy..

Telkin

Enlightened
I love my C2, it's got a pocket clip and feels much much stronger than the 6P due to it's HAIII and square body with grip ring. Using AW RCR's there's no need for an M3. I honestly believe the C2 is the most rugged Surefire light I've tried.

Gordov2

Enlightened
I too have an M3 and I now have the C2..... I like the C2 better.

Anyone have thoughts about the C2 versus the M2??

brightspot

Newly Enlightened
Gordov2 said:
I too have an M3 and I now have the C2..... I like the C2 better.

Anyone have thoughts about the C2 versus the M2??

IMHO the only advantage of owning the more expensive M2 would be if you planned to use it with a high caliber weapon,due to better shock isolation

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
C2 is a great light! I've run a HO-9 in my C2...baaaahhhright!!! All 6P/Z2/C2/C3/M2/G2/G3 run the same size LAs. Currently, I have an M2 head on my C2 with a Detonator extender.

The M2 bezel is shock isolated and thus larger. Not useful if you just plan to carry it. Any LA in a C2 head will put out more light than in a M2 head because of the LA is deeply recessed in the M2 head. My HO-9 puts out noticeably more total output, mainly in the spill beam as it's wider, in my C2 head than in my M2 head. If you just plan to carry the light, there is no advantage of the M2 over the C2. For performance, the C2 is a better option (more light, lighter, smaller). I just have the M2 head as I like the way it looks.

tussery

Enlightened
Just to clear some of the misinformation in this thread the 380 Lumens that LF rates their lamps at is bulb lumens and about 40% of that is lost through the reflector and lens. So you can assume you will only be getting around 210-250 Torch Lumens out the front.

The P90 and P91 are already measured in torch lumens and Surefire doesn't inflate their lumen count and sometimes even underestimate them. So in real world tests the HO-9 is probably very close in comparison to the P-91 in torch lumens.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P91 driven well on li-ion's is brighter than the EO-9...so in no way is it going to be brighter than the HO-9. I have both the EO-9 and P91, and the P91 has more overall output. But I do like the idea of running the HO-9 in the C2...it will be very bright for the size :)

Now if LF will just release their M-series bulbs that way I can safely run a high output lamp on my 17500's in my M3-CB....the MN11 draws too much juice for them. Also, the LF lamps seem to have more throw than the Surefire's....

Gordov2

Enlightened
Just curious... it seems like it wouldn't fit. But you're right ACMarina, it's kind of a moot point.