Does anyone keep a flashlight in the bathroom?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I have always kept a flashlight in all of our restrooms. Nothing fancy, but since we are always advised to be ready for the big one in Southern California, I have always thought it a good idea.

Now after years of adding lights of all kinds, I can upgrade our bathroom lights to my extra or not in current use SureFire's.

I think I remember a member here that kept a SF in his shower.

Anyone else have lights in their bathroom's?

Best,

Redled

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Costco 2AA Luxeon I hanging by its lanyard on the towel rack just in case the power should go out while I'm in the shower.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
An old Safelight style Sea-Pal on a lanyard, in it's "find me" mode. I left a note in the battery tube telling the date I put it in, so I'll know if it really does run all those years in standby.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
At home our bathroom bag ( Toothbrushes, nailfiles,plasters,cotton buds etc.) always has a few single cell torches in it.

I think at the moment it has several Inova X1's, a fenix L0P and an SFKL1 on E1E body.

'Cause you never know!!!

Learjet

Enlightened
I sometimes take one in too. I turn off the room light and shower by torch light. Just practicing for blackouts you understand. :crackup:

mdocod

Flashaholic
try to. though they tend to walk off. I like to keep a little light for looking down throats, or searching for something under the sink, or for blackouts in the bathroom.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use upgraded 4AA stubbies. They are very stable sitting on the sink counter doing a ceiling bounce. See sigline.
When I go in the middle of the night I use the flashlight so I don't get blinded by the sudden glare of the main room light.
When I go early morning after the newspaper has been delivered but before the sun comes up I use the main room lights.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a civictor V1 in my bathroom for a lot of the same reasons previously posted. Mainly, in case someone else is in there when the power goes out, cause I always have a light on me :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
No, since I usually have one in my pocket, but I think I'll start putting one there. Time to get some of these lights off the shelf and put them to work.

Geoff

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Each of my bathrooms & Loo's has a 4AA (nimh) PIR light, along with an electrostatic touch sensitive light. (approx £5 each, n/a anymore)

Just enough illumination, and the shape means they are not taken to use as torches.

I also have PIRs dotted around the house, some of the family don't use a torch at night !!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I just keep a 4AA taplight I modded with 4 5mm LEDs. It hangs on the wall and is easy to find to turn on/off when I occasionally get up from sleep needing the bathroom and don't want to wake up from the 75 watt flourescent in the fixture. I also have a few smaller 3AA 3LED taplights scattered around the house in strategic places in case of power outages.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Coleman MicroPacker LED Lantern

RiverRock Design LLC LED Lantern

Box of Diamond brand strike-anywhere matches plus two votive candles

That's all. Enjoy!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 3AA on the counter. For nocturnal visits, the Ecopa LED motion-sensor light is the bomb! Has been working off a set of C batts without fail for years now (although instructions advise more frequent battery changes). The light itself is ugly as heck and seems pricier than it should be, but it gets the job done.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I have always kept a flashlight in all of our restrooms. Nothing fancy, but since we are always advised to be ready for the big one in Southern California, I have always thought it a good idea.
Do folks also keep their pantries full for the inevitable lack of food, and drinking water in every room, and guns to ward off intruders after food and water isn't available in society?