Do your primary cells rattle in your SF M3?

Gordov2

Enlightened
I find that the Surefire primary cells tend to rattle quite a bit in my M3-CB. I'm wondering if you have the same experience and what the best way to stop the problem might be? I realize it's not a huge problem, but it does make the feel of the light less 'solid.'

mdocod

Flashaholic
make a tube out of some paper or something. this will reduce the inside diameter and reduce cell rattle:

better solution: run that baby on some 17500 cells!

Gordov2

Enlightened
Does AW make 17500 recharable cells that will fit in my M3? Also would I still use 3 of them?

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I have noticed that all SF batteries I have purchased recently rattle in all of my lights. I have a G2, 6P, and Z2. SF batteries that I bought a couple years ago did not rattle. I think SF may have changed the diameter of the batteries.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gordov2 said:
Does AW make 17500 recharable cells that will fit in my M3? Also would I still use 3 of them?

Yes, AW's protected 17500's will fit in your M3 just fine...but you only need two of them. As far as output goes, with the MN10 it's about the same as primaries with just under 1hr. of runtime.

The MN11 is another story. Technically, the 17500's are not safe for the amount of current the MN11 demands. You can still power up the bulb, but it takes a double-click to get it to light. With that being said, since the li-ion cells do not sag as much under load, output jumps from ~250 lumens on primaries up to 325-350 lumens on the pair of 17500's.

Your best bet will be to pick up some 17500's and an appropriate charger, and get the Lumens Factory extreme output lamp assembly for the M3 when it's released in a few weeks. It will draw less current, so it will be safe to use with the 17500's....and is rated for 380 bulb-lumens :) I have been waiting patiently myself for this...

mdocod

Flashaholic
for more info about the lithium-ion conversions I recommend reading the incandecent/li-ion guide and compatibility chart..

link is is my sigline.

Lithium primaries are expensive, rechargable li-ion is the solution to guilt-free runtime. there are tons of configurations possible.

Latest posts