Fenix Flashlight – Slippery when Wet

Russianesq

Enlightened
Need help with my Fenix Fenix L2D CE.

I have found only a few brief mentions by members that the surface of the Fenix flashlights surface is slipery.

To me the Fenix flashlight surface is way too slipery. The light is hard to work with when your hands get wet or dirty.

What are some of the solutions to this?

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I use some skateboard grip-tape. It feels kid of like sand paper and comes in different colors and gripiness textures. it also has an adhesive backing. just cut it to size and shape you desire and stick it on! cheers

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would try the black rubber heatshrink

gunga

Flashaholic
Has anyone ever damaged the cicuitry on the head of a light by using a heat gun?

I tried the heat shrink on the head before and was a bit alarmed by how hot the head got...

Didn't seem to affect anything tho.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
try poking holes in the heatshrink to let some heat to escape as well as look cool like some grip knurling

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can stick some grip stickers which can be found in good stationary shops. They come in various thickness and you cut it to size, oh and with many colos also. These stickers are watherproof as well.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't really recall the brand name but usually people buy and stick it underneath items so when the item is placed on table etc, its not slippery. If I find some links I'll paste here...

riffraff

Enlightened
jumpstat said:
Can't really recall the brand name but usually people buy and stick it underneath items so when the item is placed on table etc, its not slippery. If I find some links I'll paste here...
Are you talking about this stuff?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Russianesq said:
please share pics of lights or web links to products recomended.

I use a section of a bicycle inner tube on flashlights to improve grip. O-rings work well on some of the lights, too.

inner-tube-lights.jpg

litho123

Enlightened
For those that remember the old Garrity AA lights (of "G2 clickie mod" fame) with the tailcap switch, I took the rubber grip off it and slipped it on the L2D-CE. I use it with the holster for the L1D. It works for me!

vic2367

Enlightened
what sized tire inner tube ,,,have some but its too large for the l2d-ce...anyone know the diameter of the inner tube for this light ?

kevinm

Enlightened
I used some heat shrink tubing on an Inova X1; worked perfectly. If GreenLED ever finds good glow tape, that might be a cool addition.

Kevin

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lowes.Home Depot sells (cheaply) large O-rings.

I just pick the appropriate size for slippery lights, and install them as needed.

Most lights already have grooves along the light, and it is easy to put them in that location.

All my SL Twin-Tasks have these O-rings in the grooves. Looks good, and you AIN'T going to drop that light.

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
Gaffer's tape is excellent, also, it removes with no residue.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
JohnK said:
Lowes.Home Depot sells (cheaply) large O-rings.

I just pick the appropriate size for slippery lights, and install them as needed.....

I, too, use O-rings for lights which are too small for inner tubes. Bought a 100 O-ring assortment pack in a plastic divider box from Home Depot recently for less than $9.