Suggestion for the Arc forum - Sticky Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if this should be here or over in the suggestions area, but here goes:

Peter (and CPF moderators) do you think it would be a good idea to have a sticky link at the top of the Arc forum that answers all the common Arc related questions that pop up again and again ?

Suggested Information To Be Included

</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LS1 Specs. (All Revisions)</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LS2 Specs.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LS3 Specs. (well current info & projected availability)</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">AAA Standard & LE Specifications</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">At least one picture of each Arc product (including battery packs & accessories)</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Comparison beam shots between LS versions</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Any known problems & fixes (eg. roll crimp)</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I appreciate the inital post would require a lot of work/time, but it should save a lot of typing in the long run and probably avoid a nasty case of RSI
smile.gif

Any Comments ???

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm not so sure I like this idea. I'm fearful that as more and more of these "sticky links" get added, the more pain in the butt it will be to get to the forums that you want to read.

Especially in this case, most of what you're asking for would only be valid for the light on which the test was performed. Maybe the specs would be OK, along with existing bugs, but run time and beamshots would be a waste of resources.

There are no 2-LS's that will look the same or exhibit the same runtime.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are we talking about a sticky topic or a sticky URL at the top? If the latter, then that would be a great idea! A link to Arc's website with all the information would be helpful. If we're talking about a sticky topic, that would be annoying.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see one, just one that has All the pertenant info about Arc. LS revisions, link to arc website, warranty info, etc. Then maybe lock it so it can't get off topic.

It would help keep people from asking the same quesitons over and over and...
smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good idea Sean, Even if it were locked to stop it going off topic Peter (being a Moderator of the Arc forum) should still be able to post updates when new models are released etc.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by x-ray:
That's a good idea Sean, Even if it were locked to stop it going off topic Peter (being a Moderator of the Arc forum) should still be able to post updates when new models are released etc.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe he can unlock it, add new info and lock it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.