NEW TO CPF

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Hi everyone.

Five or Six months ago I thought I had all the flashlights I would ever need. After all, a 2D Mag, miniMag, and a Solitaire should have the bases covered! All aluminum, o-rings, and adjustable beams; could there be anything better?

Then one day I stumbled across CPF, and you guys know the rest of the story!
After reading post after post etc. I decided it was time to head down to Bass Pro and have a look at some Surefires. Not being sure that these lights were really and better or brighter than my Mags, I decided to play it safe and buy a G2. It was dark when I arrived at home and I couldn't wait to go outside in the cold and compare my new G2 to my trusty 2D Mag. I still remember like it was yesterday my excitement when I turned on that little G2! My Mag suddenly seemed way too large and way too dim.

Since that day I have purchased one new light every month. It's all I can do to keep from buying more than one each month! I can see no end in sight. I now have the G2, E2L, U2, a Luma M1(cree) and a Fenix L1DCE!

Can one of you convince me to quit buying Lights?

nc987

Enlightened
We cant convince you quit buying lights only advise you on which ones to add to your collection. Welcome to the forums and the addiction. Hope you dont have kids to feed....

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
BSCOTT1504 said:
Can one of you convince me to quit buying Lights?

Do ducks have hubcaps? :laughing:

Welcome, BScott. Kick your shoes off and stay awhile. There's an amazing collection of friendly and knowledgable folks here.

vic2367

Enlightened
welcome aboard friend,,,you will find this forum along with all the nice lights out are all very addicting,,:grin2:

riffraff

Enlightened
Too late!

Your only choice (and chance) is to cut up your credit cards and give all your cash to the wife!

(Ask me how I know!)

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
The kids are grown and gone and the wife left about 9 years ago! So you see my dilema..I don't have to get approval from anyone before I buy more torches!

customh

Newly Enlightened
You're screwed. Catch the surefire bug and you are halfway down the hill already...

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome aboard! My very best advice: get the expensive lights first. You're going to get them anyway, so, at least once you've got the best and the brightest, you won't care to bother so much with buying all the cheap stuff. It'll probably save you a lot of money.

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
It's too late for the rest of us... Too bad that can of worms has already been opened... :D

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome :wave: And do as trashman said, pick up the expensive lights first...it WILL save you money in the long run believe it or not....