How do i know when i have enough lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
every time i get a new light or am looking for one i want to use, i ask myself how did i get all these and why. I really dont know why i got all this lights or why i buy them half the time but i just do. Same goes for my knives but that doesn't effect me as much. ever since i bought my first surefire it hasn't stopped, i love everyone because each one is brighter than the other or has a different feature. i would have so much money if i didn't spend it on lights !!!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I guess I'll have to define for some people above what this "enough" is. Enough flashlights happens once you have a certain number of flashlights. This number is, of course, the square root of negative 1.
:lolsign:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you start losing track of them. For instance, I was digging around my workbench and found an old style KL1, fully functional, that I can never remember having "lost". Also I have a bunch of MM 2AA's modified with sammies I don't remember how many I have, nor can I tell you where each one is.

customh

Newly Enlightened
I don;t think one can ever have enough with how this light world evolves, and the fact that there are infinite modding possibilities.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Atomic
Would it be presumptuous to believe that once you stop breathing, you could collect all the flashlights you want - assuming of course that heaven is the destination. Rumor is the limit is one AA alkaline incandescant down below.

Flashlight Enthusiast
i didn't really mean "enough" i love all my lights and will continue to buy more lights. i guess it seem like i ahve a lot when i live in an apartment as supposed to when i used to live in a house the woods. Dont know really what i meant it was just on my mind as i was on here looking at my lights. Ever since i found www.flashlightreviews.com and this site i have bought more lights than i thought i ever would.

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
276 said:
i didn't really mean "enough" i love all my lights and will continue to buy more lights. i guess it seem like i ahve a lot when i live in an apartment as supposed to when i used to live in a house the woods. Dont know really what i meant it was just on my mind as i was on here looking at my lights. Ever since i found www.flashlightreviews.com and this site i have bought more lights than i thought i ever would.
I have lights all over the place...as it sounds like you do as well...you have to look at it more as a hobby / collection as well...not just something that is being used everyday.....although I do like to use all the lights I buy....I have way more than I can use in a single outing...

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of the time i use them to explore abandon buildingswith friends, i wish that where i am we would lose power or get some rain or fog it makes it so much more fun to be outisde especially in the fog.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
276: Webster:

Hobby: An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure

Addiction: The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or involved in something.

Notice that the word "enough" doesn't appear in either definition. When your interest wanes or when something else pulls you away. These might occur together.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
I have asked myself the same question, or "if" theres is such thing as "enough" lights.

I already have more than I use, and the battery pile is growing, Im not sure I will use all my CR123 before they get to old...

Im just thankful that I have such a cool hobby, and not sitting on a parkbench drinking myself silly, another kind of holic... :)

For the moment I have "enough" lights since I dont have enough money right now... :(

But as been stated before, enough dont actually exist for a flashaholic regarding to how many lights one have!

GreySave

Enlightened
<< Ever since i found www.flashlightreviews.com and this site i have bought more lights than i thought i ever would. >>

You know....I think 276 has it right. It's all Doug's fault! I was also quite happy with a couple of maglites until I strayed into Flashlightreviews.com territory. My life (and wallet) has never been the same since. Now the house is full if SureFires, Wolf-Eyes, and Inova products, I guess the next time my wife sees a new light come in the door (She has not noticed the new Kroma yet) I will point to Doug's site and tell her: "He made me do it"! :grin2:

All kidding aside though.....Doug made it apparent how poorly I was equipped, and that there were much better options about there. His site has undoubtedly helped many peple in the law enforcement and EMS services to select products that suited their needs without spending a lot of money in trial and error purchases. I think Flashlkightreviews has actually provided a great service to more people than Doug may ever realize.

Back to topic.....When do you have enough lights? The others are probably right. Never. It is an addiction to be sure. But, I think when all of my needs are met I'll be happy and stop except for when something TRULY unique and worthwhile comes along. I could have lived without the recent Kroma purcahse, but I will use it low light capabilities a lot. It does truly fill a need. The only light left that I would truly "like" to have as opposed to having a true "need" for is the U2. My Huntlight Cree does a lot of what the U2 can do at a cheaper price, but it is just not the same somehow.....

Edited for spelling.

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am glad i found flashlightreviews or i would have spent my money on the wrong light. Also because of his site i bought my SF U2 last year and i love that light. His site led me to this one and his site also got me into the fenix lights. When ever i need to check on a new light or and old one to here a review i ever come to this site or flashlightreviews, This site more!!

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eventually, you reach a critical mass where you start to taper off on the purchases. I've bought many of the Fenix lights in recent months, and add an "old" Arc to the collection from time to time, but otherwise my spending on lights has tapered off somewhat.

But, I'm spending more now on SAKs, multitools and the like.

cheers