White lights with red capability

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was once a thread for discussion of this topic but I can't seem to find the right thread.

Many white lights with additional red capability were mentioned and discussed. Discussion covered Incan lights with red filters, Incan-LED hybrids with red LEDs, and LED lights with both white and red emitters.

At the time I was frustrated with S&W's decision not to offer white-red LED lights in 2AA form factor, but it looks like they are now offering the very light that I wished for.

I want to add this S&W light to the list for fans of white-red lights: http://www.knifesupplycompany.com/sw600rw.html

"Smith & Wesson Galaxy, 6 LED, 3 Red LEDs, 3 White LEDs

Description: Features an anodized aluminum body, 3 red and 3 white LEDs, and 80 hours runtime. Uses 2AA batteries. Comes complete with holster and batteries"

For its price of less than 20 bucks, this looks like a great long-runtime backup-utility-task light. Looks to be an excellent light for camping and backpacking where night vision preservation can be important.

Having separate pushbutton switches for white and red output is a very desirable feature. It may be possible to run all six LEDs at once.